Search found 12 matches
I had similar issues with my Kittaz. I printed the Taz 6 parts and bought new 12mm rods and bearings to upgrade. The only addition you need is a replacement way to zero the z axis. I used a inductive sensor in a custom printed bracket on the x carriage.
I have a Kittaz that I want to operate as a plotter and later as a diecutter. I have designed a new head to hold a pen but if I disconnect the extruder head to swap out the new one I get a mintemp error. Is there a way to disable this or fool it so I can use the pen plot head with out having the ext...
- Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:58 pm
- Forum: Hardware
- Topic: Add Aerostruder to Kittaz/Taz4?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 437
Can it be done easily? The aerostruder is listed as for the TAZ 5/6 and the Hexagon hot end is listed for the TAZ 4/5. I found a thread (https://forum.lulzbot.com/viewtopic.php?t=2838) that lists the upgrades to move from a 4 to a 5 and all but one of the upgrades are about the hot end. I have alrea...
I have a 4 and am having horrible problems with the z axis binding. I see that the taz 6 has a radically different setup for the z ends and x carriage. If I print new z tops and bottoms and x ends can I use the rest of my current parts (screws, rods, nozzle, etc) to upgrade my printer?
I have the KITTAZ without the LCD screen and I have been trying to calibrate my prints and my Z is consistently low. I printed a 15mm cube and the height ends up a 14.14. How can I find out what my Zstep is and will adjusting that help my height issues?
- Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:32 pm
- Forum: Software
- Topic: What's different about the "Lulzbot Edition" version of Cura
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1268
I don't know about the differences in the soft ware but I have not had luck with the profiles provided for cura on the site. Hardly anything on the first layer would adhere to the bed. I had to convert & transfer settings from slic3r to get an acceptable print from cura.
I went through the both slicers, converted and transferred settings by hand from slic3r to cura and tried the print again. After about 8 hours i had a successful print. Apparently cura could work around the errors in the model but the default profile was not as well tuned as the slic3r profile.
I'm using slic3r version 1.1.7, which appears to be the latest stable version. I looked at the file through the view/cut option and saw a few weird artifacts on the bottom flat but it looked mostly like the model. I checked the resulting gcode on the gcode.ws site and it looks just like how pronterf...
I'll have to check & see which version of slic3r I'm using. I havent noticed a way to see the layers in slic3r but would load the gcode into pronterface and scroll through the layers there. I tried both the v2 & v3 of that part. Both gave me a similar looking shape. I tried slicing a different cover...