Background: I’ve been using my taz 6 for about 3 years now without any major problems. The only upgrades I’ve done are to the modular print bed and the TAZ AeroStruder Tool Head, besides that everything else is stock.
Problem: 20 minutes into a print I get an error message that reads: “BED TERMAL RUNAWAY, PRINTER HAS HALTED, Please Reset”. Once I get that message and reset the printer, the bed won’t heat up at all.
After, opening everything up and checking wire connections, the printer started working again! only to repeat the same failure 20 minutes into the print, and now I am where I was before, the print bed won’t heat up.
Summary of what I have done so far:
- I used a multimeter to check continuity on all of the wires leading from the Rambo to the heated bed. I am assuming the larger set of wires is for the actual heating of the plate, and the smaller ones are the bed thermister. Both sets of wires are good for continuity. It could be that the act of me checking everything out some of the wires back in place, and then once I closed it all up something slipped… I am not sure how likely that is.
- Checked for fuses: I looked at the main 15A fuse and that seems to be in check.
- I have cleaned and dusted around
- I checked for loose connections along with the wire leads, everything looks ok.
- I was not able to really how the wires are connecting to the build plate since these are under a mesh of adhesive padding, I am not sure if there is more to check there.
- I noticed that there is a solid red light on the RAMBo when I try to heat the plate, and the plate does not heat up, I get a bed heating failure message. The one time it did start working I saw the red lights flash, I am not sure what that means.
-Bad RAMBo- I might need to replace
-Bad build plate heating element, replace the heating bed
-loose wires somewhere.
Any further help would be greatly appreciated. I am all out of ideas at this point. Thank you in advance for your assistance!