Biqu H2 on Taz 6

Hello,

Wondering if anyone has gotten a Biqu H2 to work on a Taz 6.

Keep us posted if you go down this road.
I would consider following your lead if it works out.
The Biqu H2 and other Hemera “clones” is what I have been looking for as the upgrade option when converting from 2.85mm to 1.75mm.
There are already a lot of mounting options for the Hemera and Trianglelab Matrix on a Lulzbot out there, so I think redesigning/remixing one of these mounts would be a good startpoint.
And since there is an offical Hemera Lulzbot toolhead(H175) there are other resources like startcodes(TAZ 6 H175: resources/gcodes/lulzbot_taz6_perca_start.gcode · master · LulzBot 3D / Cura-LE / CuraLE_Sidekick · GitLab) availible.

good luck

I have the H2 working great on my TAZ 5. Here is the head I created for it. Printables

1 Like

Hi
The head you created looks very professional :slight_smile:

One question:
Is the original v-shaped mount good enough or would it be an ide to add some extra screw points?
Have seen this in other mounts for newer extruders.

Thanks Sebastian, I use the V shape and it works great. You can add as many holes as you like, just be careful as the air flow runs through the back.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Was there anything special with getting the Biqu to electrically connect to the Taz Rambo.

Ive heard the voltage is lower on the Biqu than the Taz extruder?.\

What Hotend and heat break did you use?

Nope, I did nothing to it, just wired it in and it works fine. I do have the 24V version of the HQ so the voltage was the same.

Jeff

I used the M175v2 toolhead as a starting point for a H2 toolhead. It’s posted up here: Lulzbot Taz - Biqu H2 Toolhead Mount by Wrathernaut | Download free STL model | Printables.com

Unfortunately, I did kill the stepper on it (when I just looked at colors instead of wire position), so while I search for a suitable replacement motor, it just looks pretty.

Since it’s based on the M175v2, it works with bed leveling and nozzle wiping.

Here’s a quick shopping list (sponsored links, so search for the parts yourself if you object to it):
You’ll have to get:
Biqu H2 extruder (obviously)
5v 3010 motor for cooling the heatbreak (Biqu H2 includes a 24v heatbreak fan)
24v 5015 blower motor for part cooling
M3 x 20mm socket head screws for the rear mounting screws and for mounting the 5015 fan
M3 x 8 mm socket head screws for the top mounting screws

M3 x 8mm threaded inserts for the 5015 fan screw and the universal mount screws
22 AWG ring terminals for the zeroing sense wire

For Taz 5/6:
1x 16 pin Connector Housing (Digikey PN: WM2525-ND)
20x Male Crimp Connectors (Digikey PN: WM2517-ND)

For Taz Mini 2, Taz Pro:
1x 20-pin connector (Digikey PN: WM2492-ND)
13x Digikey PN: WM1837CT-ND