I have a TAZ 6 printing with Gizmo ABS and slicing with Cura 2.1 “normal” settings. I am forgetting which setting to check / correct for the following situation:
- a capital “E” laying on its back
- designed to fit onto the 20mm aluminum extrusions of the printer frame
- overall size 30mm x 20mm x 10mm
- 5mm back
- 5mm wide extensions for the top, middle, and bottom “legs”
- 7.5mm gaps in between “legs”
- overall size 30.25mm x 20.28mm x 10.05mm
- 5.02mm back
- 5.20 wide extensions for the top, middle, and bottom “legs”
- 7.34mm gaps in between “legs”
Given the overall horizontal dimensions and the horizontal dimensions of the “legs” are off by similar amounts, my working theory is the walls are “fat”.
I tested lowering the extrusion multiplier below 1.00 did not help significantly and it caused infill to become sparse.
I measured the filament and it was between 2.82 and 2.85 across a series of measurement locations.
What other calibration settings will help with horizontal dimension accuracy?