Thanks. I did not find the answer to my printer’s problem in those documents, but they’re a good reference for the future. I did two things to solve my problem and start getting beautiful prints again and I’m not sure if one of both things solved the problem because I did not try a test print after doing the first one:
- I did a PID tuning of the hotend with M303 E0 S210 C3 because I’m printing PLA at 210C. The C3 s/ give me 3 cycles, but I wasn’t watching the whole time so I don’t know if that happened. My new Pk Pi Pd values had a big enough difference vs the stock values in the Lulzbot Marlin firmware that could cause my hotend temp to fluctuate which could in turn cause the issues I was seeing.
- I noticed the x-max endstop wires at the extruder connector / extruder-mount harness connector seemed like they were being pulled tight. I could actually get x-max to trigger if I tugged on its wires a little bit. I removed the x-max endstop wires from the connector and untangled them from the other wires, then reinserted them into the connector and now all the wires have a little slack in them. It’s possible the overly tight wires caused a spotty connection causing intermittent issues when printing.
Woolah! I’m back in the printing business!