Larger objects refuse to print

Hi -

Have a new Taz mini - great machine. I am trying to print a larger object of about 6 x 3 x 3 inches. It will start and finish a print with no object in between - i.e. no warning no object was sent to the printer. The only indication nothing is going to be printed is there will be no progress bar under the Control icon.

I’ve trimmed my model to 5.8 inches or 147.32mm, which is less than stated volume of 152mm x 152mm x 158mm. Still, it won’t print (and there really is no warning). What is the actual max volume.

My STL’s are inch, so I scale to 25.4. I have noticed the any scale that produce an object above about 140 or 142mm is ignored. (I need a true 1:1 print, but I am using that to try to discover what is happening).

Thanks!

Using default profiles requires some space for the skirt around the outside of the print to prime the nozzle. You can try turning off the skirt in advanced settings, but you will need to make sure that when the printing actually starts the nozzle is well primed. I usually manually push in filament after the auto-leveling while the final heating is happening. This sometimes makes for a slightly sloppy first layer inside wall, but usually doesn’t impact the full print.