Looking for an electronics guy for help on a project

Hey all, I hope its ok to post this type of thing on the forum, Sorry if its not.

Im looking for some help on a project and was hoping I could find someone who would be able to do this project for me OR maybe consult me on how to do it. I’m not looking for freebies, but cant spend a ton of money on it because its a personal project. I would rather have someone do it, I don’t have electronics background and would be a lot of trial and error for me.

What I am looking to is build an interface connector cable from a Midland walkie talkie radio - TO - an in helmet intercom speaker & mic system.

The existing intercom / blue tooth system is 2 ear speakers & a mic that are mounted in our motorcycle helmets. It is only the speakers & mic with a “i think” a male micro USB style connector coming out of the speakers & mic cables.

The walkie talkies I have use a mic and speaker system and have a dual 1/8 & 1/16 inch head phone jack at the end.

So what I want is to be able plug in the helmet speakers & mic into the walkie talkie jack. and for everything to be functional, I also need the push to talk button to functional as well, witch mounts on the bikes handle bars.

So essentially I need an short interface cable with the correct connectors at both ends, to connect the existing speakers and mic from the helmet into the walkie talkie witch is mounted at chest level on the front straps of our camelbak packs. Also need to be able to use the push to talk button when we want to talk to each other.

I’m looking to have probably 4 cables made. Need to be small and stream line, not big bulky connectors, as the application is for dirt bikes not road bikes. The cables need to be fully functional, stream line, not fall apart, and able to take some abuse.

I am working on getting wire schematics for the intercom / BT connector, BUT not sure If I will be able to get the schematic from Midland for walkie talkie?

Hopefully this makes sense, anyone who can help me please let me know, we can go over the details and you can let me know how much it would cost per cable. I can send you more pictures to fill in some of the details. The included pictures basically show what needs to be connected.

Does the helmet have audio Jacks in it? If it is just a Bluetooth audio reliever with a USB charging port, there may not be a way to easily port audio to it via cable, as you would need to transmit wireless lyrics via bluetooth. There are Bluetooth audio transmitters on the market, but very few of them have microphone transmit since they are designed for wireless home audio speaker placement. They are also usually pretty big.

If there is room and a path in the helmet, it might literally be easier to run a second set of speaker and.microphones to the same locations with an audio pigtail jack coming down the back, but I have no idea if one could even route that wire safely without compromising the crash strength.

No audio jacks in the helmet. Ok so I should clarify something. The blue tooth communicator will NOT be part of this system. We do use the BT devices for track riding. BUT they are limited range 1000 meters only and only 2 of them can be synced together at one time. SO I can only talk with one of my kids at a time. When we trail ride I want to use the wakie talkies because of there range. SO when we go trail riding we will not use the BT communicators, only the walkie talkies. I don’t want to redue all the speakers and such in the helmet/s. I actually have 2 sets of speakers in the helmet in the photo. one set is part of the BT communicator unit. The other is a self contained set that is plugged into an ipod shuffle.

I did think of another set of speakers but I don’t want to do it this way. This would mean I would have to add another set of speakers to my kids helmets and mine already has 2 sets now.

IS there a way to make this wire harness work as I have explained above? I don’t see why it would not possible, its a matter of figuring out what contacts are for each device and wiring to those contacts to complete the circuit for each speaker, mic & push to talk function from the walkie talkie.