Semiflex on Taz 6 need help!!!

Heya!

I am new to 3D printing but learning quickly. I can’t attach my MS Excel print log so I will post expert settings below. If anyone has ANY experience printing Semiflex please help!

Currently I am trying to print GoPro mounts for my brothers drone company. I have attached a pic of it for reference. My last print is really good. However, I am still getting stringing and “blobs”. After hours of printing, researching, cursing, and reprinting, I am trying to figure out the last puzzle piece. Does anyone have detailed settings/print logs they would be willing to share with me.

Current Problems: Stinging, “blobs”, some rough outer layers.

Notes: On Taz 6 w/flexystruder and Cura 19.12

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Temp 220
Bed Temp 40
Bed Prep PVA
Bottom/Top Thickness 0.65
Fill Density 20%
Print Speed 8
Support Type Everywhere
Structure Type Grid
Overhang Angle 27deg
Fill Amount 15%
Distance X/Y .7
Distance Z .15
Platform Adhesion Type None
Rec’d Diameter 2.82
Flow 100%
Retraction Speed 5
Retraction Distance 2
Retraction Min Travel .02
Retr Min Extrusion .005
Z Hop when Retracting .075
Initial Layer Thickness 0.4
Initial Layer Line Width 125%
Travel Speed 150
Bottom Layer Speed 8
Infill Speed 14
Top/Bottom Speed 8
Outer Shell Speed 8
Inner Shell Speed 8
Grade (my personal score 1-10) 8

Stigg Session Mount.JPG

Blobs may indicate over-extrusion. Try a flow % of 95-97%.

Stringing can be controlled through retraction or possibly a slightly lower extrusion temp. Try .1-.2mm more retraction and/or reduce extrusion temp by 2-5C. Semiflex in general just likes to ooze…

Thanks for the advice! I haven’t even touched flow rate yet, so that sounds promising.

When you say, " Try .1-.2mm more retraction", are you referring to retraction distance or speed?

Again, thanks for the help.

Small amounts like .1-.2mm are going to be in the retraction distance.

For the rough look in the third pic, I think that’s where it’s bridging over the gap. You will likely need supports to get better results than that.

For the bottom layer, try a little Z-offset, -0.05 or -0.1. That will move the nozzle closer to the bed for the first layer. Watch it to make sure it doesn’t get so close you damage the PEI. If it is pushing hard, turn off the printer. I find that using small amounts like that, I notice a problem long before it’s close enough to cause damage though. As you’re on a Taz6, make sure to clean the nozzle and washers while hot with a scotchbrite pad. It helps make sure you get good auto-leveling. It shouldn’t push down the bed at all on the second, slower pass. If it does, stop the job and clean. Sometimes a little rubbing alcohol helps as well.

Thanks for the advice! I haven’t even touched flow rate yet, so that sounds promising.

When you say, " Try .1-.2mm more retraction", are you referring to retraction distance or speed?

Again, thanks for the help.

Don’t know why it posted that twice! And it won’t let me delete a post

Anyways, thanks for all the help. I will make these adjustments and cross my fingers :smiley: