TAZ 5 Extruded Filament Buildup

A couple hours into a build I found two spots of filament buildup on the edges of the print. Could anyone help me figure out what is causing this?

Also, upon clicking pause in Cura, the Lulzbot takes a couple minutes to finally come to a stop. Is that normal?

Thanks in advance for any help, I’d appreciate it.

It looks like you might be over-extruding a little. Was the nozzle stopped at the location of that blob or did the blob occur during printing?

It will usually take a few seconds for the printer to stop when you pause it. The control board queues a little gcode so, when you hit pause, it takes a little time for the printer the previously queued commands before it gets to the pause command.

The blob occurred while printing. It may have accumulated over multiple passes or all at once. I wasn’t present when it happened.

I think the nozzle might be plowing through the over extruded filament causing plastic to build up and eventually come off of the nozzle as a nice glob.

Have you measured you filament diameter and entered that value in the slicer? If so, you might need to tweak the extrusion multiplier in the slicer a little. If you are at 100%, give 95% a try and see if the top surface of the part cleans up.

I have another print running right now so that I will be able to see if the problem reoccurs. If it does I will begin changing the extrusion settings as you have described.

Thanks for the help.