I would like to share a TAZ 5 mechanical assembly done using FreeCAD.
It is still a work in progress.
All source files are attached below.
The TAZ 5 Final Assembly V0.1.fcstd file containts “movable constraints”. One can simulate the movement of all axes.
- add better model of stepper motor
- add better model of gt2 timing pulley (the manufacturer says he does not have any CAD drawings)
- add better model of limit switch
- add springs
- add heat-set inserts
- add grub screws
- add thumb screws
- add PEM standoffs
- add print head(s)
- some t-nuts in frame are missing
Thanks go to:
- FreeCAD team for creating such a great program. It’s getting better and better every day (http://www.freecadweb.org).
- hamish2014 for creating the Assembly 2 workbench (https://github.com/hamish2014/FreeCAD_assembly2)
- Ulrich Brammer for his screw maker macro.
- shaise for creating the Fasteners workbench (https://github.com/shaise/FreeCAD_FastenersWB) and Sheet metal workbench (https://github.com/shaise/FreeCAD_SheetMetal)
- The LulzBot team for being so open source friendly.
I do hope it will be useful.