Where is X=Y=0 on TAZ?

I’m a delta guy and the KITTAZ is my first foray into Cartesian printers since my first Huxley’s 4+ years ago. I am having an issue with my new KITTAZ build homing Y. I’m using the preconfigured Marlin firmware so I would expect it to work. I checked wiring (steppers and end stops) and they all appear correct. I suppose I could have an internally misfired stepper (I’ve run into 2 in the past 10 years).

It really seems like the Y axis is inverted from what it should be, so my question… Which corner is under the nozzle when X=0, Y=0? is it back-left or front-left. Also, when you click the Y+ jog button, which way is the table supposed to move? Towards the front or rear? Mine moves to the rear.

Cheers,
Michael

I was trying to figure this out today also. On my TAZ5, home is front left. In the Octoprint interface, clicking the movement arrows denotes the movement of the nozzle… as opposed to moving the bed.

This seems to match up to the Z-axis movement… in that when you click up, the hotend moves up as well.

Thanks and yes, it should be the perceived movement of the nozzle that defines the direction. So it looks like my Y is inverted. I fixed it in the firmware but I’m curious why I have the problem.

Cheers,
Michael

Mystery solved. The way the Y axis belt is routed affects the direction of travel. I inadvertantly attached my belt and routed it in the opposite orientation. For now, I simply inverted the axis in firmware. I’ll fix it mechanically at some point.

I made the same mistake during my KITTAZ build! Glad to know I wasn’t the only one. Glad you fixed it!

Wow, did you document it? I looked through all the KITTAZ posts and didn’t come across it. I’m a big advocate for information sharing - especially if it will save someone some time and/or frustration. :slight_smile:

cheers
Michael