Why are my Calibration Pyramids not so nice

Hellooooo Tazzites!

I’ve been having intermittent luck with my Taz 4 so far so I thought I’d try some calibration prints. I downloaded an STL with 4 pyramids. I used the Default “Medium ABS” Slic3r settings except I changed the Filament diameter to 2.88 from 2.89.

Any ideas how I can fix the below issues?


Here is the first part of the default GCODE:
; generated by Slic3r 1.0.1 on 2014-06-20 at 12:39:28

; layer_height = 0.22
; perimeters = 2
; top_solid_layers = 3
; bottom_solid_layers = 3
; fill_density = 0.3
; perimeter_speed = 100
; infill_speed = 115
; travel_speed = 180
; nozzle_diameter = 0.35
; filament_diameter = 2.88
; extrusion_multiplier = 1
; perimeters extrusion width = 0.33mm
; infill extrusion width = 0.50mm
; solid infill extrusion width = 0.38mm
; top infill extrusion width = 0.22mm
; first layer extrusion width = 0.50mm

I took a bunch of pictures, here are a few of them. The pictures make the pyramids look cattywhompus but they are all symmetrical.
What I noticed is:

  1. The edges of the pyramid are bulging out.
  2. There is tearing along the walls on THE SAME SIDE of every pyramid.
  3. About 1/5 down from the top on all pyramids there is a noticeable line.
  4. I used a micrometer on the skirt after pulling it away from the bed and it measured 0.28mm.




Here are the STL and GCODE files.
4points.stl (8.08 KB)
4points.gcode (809 KB)