Taz 5 + BLTouch [Project]

Want to use the Open Source Hardware documentation to make your LulzBot 3D Printer do even more? Start here!
Not1ofthepack
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:56 pm

Re: Taz 5 + BLTouch [Project]

Post by Not1ofthepack » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:26 am

I just did a simple start up script of G28 then G29 to see what would happen. After it home'd and auto leveled, the carriage stayed still but I could see the layers on the Z FLYING by. What the ETA to print a 30min piece took 20 seconds. Hoping that gives a clue on how to fix this.

Menissalt
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:47 am

Re: Taz 5 + BLTouch [Project]

Post by Menissalt » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:11 pm

Not1ofthepack wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:26 am
I just did a simple start up script of G28 then G29 to see what would happen. After it home'd and auto leveled, the carriage stayed still but I could see the layers on the Z FLYING by. What the ETA to print a 30min piece took 20 seconds. Hoping that gives a clue on how to fix this.
Try compiling from this as linked in the OP, it's the more updated version and it's what I'm running on my printer. I didn't realize the rar version was still attached and I'm not sure if it had bugs. I also print from OctoPrint so it's entirely possible there's an SD bug in this version. I'll look in to merging the the latest updates for good measure.

Not1ofthepack
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:56 pm

Re: Taz 5 + BLTouch [Project]

Post by Not1ofthepack » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:52 pm

Thank you for getting back to me. For now I am using your version posted 1.1.8.10. I'm learning and chasing problems at the same time. Now everything seems to be working expect for the extruder. It starts the motion of printing but the extruder does not move. I have tired just heating up the hotend and then though the LCD commands tell it to extrude and it does fine... but I will compile a new one from the post above.

Compiled it reads the same as 1.1.18.10 however the extruder is moving ... barely. On a 20mm cube filament appeared at z=1.96.. I have uninstalled and reinstalled S3D reset all setting and same thing. What could it be?
Last edited by Not1ofthepack on Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Menissalt
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:47 am

Re: Taz 5 + BLTouch [Project]

Post by Menissalt » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:31 pm

I haven't tested it yet but I've merged the latest updates with my build

Not1ofthepack
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:56 pm

Re: Taz 5 + BLTouch [Project]

Post by Not1ofthepack » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:24 pm

Menissalt wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:31 pm
I haven't tested it yet but I've merged the latest updates with my build
Have you tried compiling it? It tossed a few errors at me.

Menissalt
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:47 am

Re: Taz 5 + BLTouch [Project]

Post by Menissalt » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:28 pm

I haven't had the opportunity yet

Not1ofthepack
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:56 pm

Re: Taz 5 + BLTouch [Project]

Post by Not1ofthepack » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:31 pm

well I found out my mobo is bad? I mean it works fine with Offical Lulzbot firmware but does not with Marlin. How did I find it out? Well I happened to have my spare backup motherboard for "just in case". I swapped out mobo's loaded my config of marlin 1.1.8 with BLTouch and printing dreams now.

Now whats wrong with the original motherboard from Lulzbot?

kmanley57
Posts: 1053
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:53 pm

Re: Taz 5 + BLTouch [Project]

Post by kmanley57 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:50 pm

It is probably a flaky Digipot in the motor driver chip.
I will express my CRAZY ideas at any time! So you have been warned. None of my opinions are Lulzbots and can be wrong at any second.

Menissalt
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:47 am

Re: Taz 5 + BLTouch [Project]

Post by Menissalt » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:50 pm

That's a good point, I was having issues with my motherboard's stepper driver so I should probably include that I'm not using a lulzbot factory board in the OP

Menissalt
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:47 am

Re: Taz 5 + BLTouch [Project]

Post by Menissalt » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:50 pm

Updated firmware to fix a compiling error and enable Linear Advance

Post Reply