TAZ dual extruder mod files

Want to use the Open Source Hardware documentation to make your LulzBot 3D Printer do even more? Start here!
mde091234

Re: TAZ dual extruder mod files

Post by mde091234 » Sun May 18, 2014 12:46 pm

I am having problems with the second extruder working with Pronterface. If I select tool 1 and try and extrude the "Y" motor turns on and hums. I have validated the wiring and the motors and there is no issue there. I used the S/W from http://devel.lulzbot.com/TAZ/accessorie ... /software/ and had no issues compiling. Am I missing something? - Thanks

bam

Post by bam » Mon May 19, 2014 7:40 am

mde091234 wrote:I am having problems with the second extruder working with Pronterface. If I select tool 1 and try and extrude the "Y" motor turns on and hums. I have validated the wiring and the motors and there is no issue there. I used the S/W from http://devel.lulzbot.com/TAZ/accessorie ... /software/ and had no issues compiling. Am I missing something? - Thanks
Wow, that is strange. How are you selecting tool 1? I usually add custom buttons; T0 = Extruder 1 and T1 = Extruder 2. If that's how you're doing it it might be an eeprom error. You might try restoring default settings (control --> restore failsafe on the LCD screen)

Hope that helps
-bam

mde091234

Post by mde091234 » Mon May 19, 2014 8:56 am

Thanks you for our fast response. What I did was enable 2 extruders in Pronterface. Then I selected Tool 1 and pressed the extrude button. How do you set up custom buttons?

Thanks Again.

bam

Post by bam » Mon May 19, 2014 3:29 pm

mde091234 wrote:Thanks you for our fast response. What I did was enable 2 extruders in Pronterface. Then I selected Tool 1 and pressed the extrude button. How do you set up custom buttons?

Thanks Again.
Hmm, it may be using a command that isn't set up in marlin. There should be a small box with a [+] in it on the bottom of the pronterface interface, if you don't see it you may be in the compact view. You can switch to standard using settings-->options-->user interface.

Clicking on it will allow you to add a custom button that will send gcode to the printer every time you click it, I find it really useful for turning on fans and extruders.

It'll ask you for
*button title - call it anything that makes sense to you, it'll be labeled on the screen (I named mine frontey and backey 8-) )
*command - the line of g-code that you want to send, T0 for extruder1 T1 for extruder 2
*color - here you can just type in the name of a color, dark red, light grey, etc

Let me know if that doesn't solve things for you

Cheers
-bam

mde091234

Post by mde091234 » Thu May 22, 2014 6:59 pm

Thank you Bam. Your suggestions worked. I can't use the extrude button in pronterface, but I can manually extrude. I haven't tried to print anything yet, it appears to be working.

Mark