e3d Valcano Hotend Toolhead - Print W/ Bigger Layers

Here’s a picture of the new e3d valcano hotend toolhead that I made. The e3d valcano is a add on for the e3d v6. The e3d valcano makes it possible to print with bigger layer heights. The kit that I bought came with 0.60mm, 0.80mm, 1.00mm and 1.20mm nozzles. Once I get hooked up and calibrated I will post pictures of objects I printed.

That is cool…can’t wait to see the pics because these bigger extruders could be opening up the possibilities.

wow, very cool. was it difficult to mount to the Lulbot toolhead?

No it fits perfect on the hex extruder mount.

Is there an stl of the mount plate you are using on the E3D floating around somewhere?

You can get the extruder mount from here: http://devel.lulzbot.com/TAZ/Juniper/production_parts/printed_parts/extruder_mount_hex/extruder_mount_hex.STL

I’ve seen mount plates on thingiverse you’ll just have to search for them or you can purchase a laser cut one from e3d.

Thanks. I did find a slot mount adapter on Thingiverse last night.

Hiya, it’s been a while. Was wondering if anyone can help guide me in the right path to purchasing and installing one of these on my taz 5. My end goal is to print with a 1.2mm nozzle.

My main concern is that I’ll have to re-wire some stuff and upgrade my control board.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks