HOT BOX 3DP ENCLOSURE SYSTEM (For Taz)

Want to use the Open Source Hardware documentation to make your LulzBot 3D Printer do even more? Start here!
nbmoretto

Re: HOT BOX 3DP ENCLOSURE SYSTEM (For Taz)

Post by nbmoretto » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:50 am

John Mc wrote:Smooth surface. How did you accomplish that?
They are just 3D renders...

John Mc

Post by John Mc » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:10 am

nbmoretto wrote:
John Mc wrote:Smooth surface. How did you accomplish that?
They are just 3D renders...
Dang! Thought I was going to learn some great new technique. I haven't played around with vapor smoothing yet.

nfaul

Post by nfaul » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:52 pm

I've been looking to make this enclosure for my Taz 5 although I was going to put a small heater and thermometer along with vents on it so that I can always have the enclosure at a certain temperature. Is there still a kit being sold by anyone? Let me know, thanks!

catzcradle

Post by catzcradle » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:22 am

Sorry about that, no I can't print that smooth!

Mecizeldec

Post by Mecizeldec » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:45 am

Just about to start this project. Quick question: Does this properly fit a Taz 5?

Thanks!

ansonwing

Post by ansonwing » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:38 pm

Mecizeldec wrote:Just about to start this project. Quick question: Does this properly fit a Taz 5?

Thanks!
Definitely Does!

Mecizeldec

Post by Mecizeldec » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:11 pm

Hey thanks for getting back to me! This is going to be perfect, as my garage is currently not directly heated and I'm concerned with warping/dust.

Quick questions:
- Was there any reason you placed the upright supports on the outside of the model, instead of inside?
- DUST - With this design, do you forsee there being room to move the filament spool (s) inside to protect them from dust as well?

I'd love to buy your kit, but being in Canada and the dollar being down, it's too much of a kick in the pants by the time is comes across the border (customs), and then you pay 25% more on top of that. I'll try and source the parts locally. Do you have a place to donate/buy just the plans. I'd love to support the work you did on this.

Thanks again.

ansonwing

Post by ansonwing » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:27 pm

Mecizeldec wrote:Hey thanks for getting back to me! This is going to be perfect, as my garage is currently not directly heated and I'm concerned with warping/dust.

Quick questions:
- Was there any reason you placed the upright supports on the outside of the model, instead of inside?
- DUST - With this design, do you forsee there being room to move the filament spool (s) inside to protect them from dust as well?

I'd love to buy your kit, but being in Canada and the dollar being down, it's too much of a kick in the pants by the time is comes across the border (customs), and then you pay 25% more on top of that. I'll try and source the parts locally. Do you have a place to donate/buy just the plans. I'd love to support the work you did on this.

Thanks again.
-Not sure what you're referring to about the supports on the outside.
-I'm sure you could adjust it and make it bigger so that you could put the filament inside, but the way it's designed now, there's not enough room. There are designs out there now that you can run a pole through an idea bin and then a tubing straight into the printer so it's always covered. Doing a quick google search will bring it up for sure.
-The designer has posted his plans, assembly directions, BOM and more on his grabcad page here https://grabcad.com/library/hotbox-diy- ... printing-1

John Mc

Post by John Mc » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:47 am

Can you just take the filament spool off the holder and store it inside when not in use?

ansonwing

Post by ansonwing » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:21 am

John Mc wrote:Can you just take the filament spool off the holder and store it inside when not in use?
I've never done it before, but I imagine fitting 1 or 2 rolls in there when it's not in use would be fine. I store my filament in this tote when I'm not using mine and it'd work great for you as well. http://www.lowes.com/pd_609042-78055-39 ... lastic+bin