Auto bed probing and compensation with G29 Development

Want to use the Open Source Hardware documentation to make your LulzBot 3D Printer do even more? Start here!
eussrh

Re: Auto bed probing and compensation with G29 Development

Post by eussrh » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:45 am

Nevermind. Figured out the servo pin was on the MEXT1 header. Wired it up for testing and after enabling it in configuration.h, it seems to respond to M280 commands just fine.

zanthor

Post by zanthor » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:55 am

So I can't seem to figure out how to setup the appropriate Z offset to make this work right. M206 seems to be storing the value but the printer doesn't seem to pay attention to it - to test this I've set the Z offset at a positive 5, which should back this puppy up into the air and squirt away... but it doesn't...

I've also tried M851, it just says OK and doesn't seem to do anything.

I'm using Simplify3d, Taz5 with a BLTouch sensor, and it's working perfectly if I add the offset in Simplify3d.... but since I have two printers, and the offset is different between them (Only by .1, but still), it'd be nice to have 1 gcode file that worked for both printers!

Rp1030

Post by Rp1030 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:13 pm

zanthor wrote:So I can't seem to figure out how to setup the appropriate Z offset to make this work right. M206 seems to be storing the value but the printer doesn't seem to pay attention to it - to test this I've set the Z offset at a positive 5, which should back this puppy up into the air and squirt away... but it doesn't...

I'm using Simplify3d, Taz5 with a BLTouch sensor, and it's working perfectly if I add the offset in Simplify3d.... but since I have two printers, and the offset is different between them (Only by .1, but still), it'd be nice to have 1 gcode file that worked for both printers!
Try using G92 in place of M206

zanthor

Post by zanthor » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:28 pm

Rp1030 wrote:
zanthor wrote:So I can't seem to figure out how to setup the appropriate Z offset to make this work right. M206 seems to be storing the value but the printer doesn't seem to pay attention to it - to test this I've set the Z offset at a positive 5, which should back this puppy up into the air and squirt away... but it doesn't...

Try using G92 in place of M206
Looking at G92 I'd have to do that on every gcode file, it's not a retained setting... I can already accomplish that effect in S3D using the global offsets, but I have to maintain 2 sets of GCode files then and in the event the offset changes (like when I change toolheads and things aren't back exactly where they were) I have to edit all my GCode again...

zanthor

Post by zanthor » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:58 pm

I've done some more digging on this and confirmed it's an issue with M29 ignoring the offset value.

M28 homes everything, if I then G1 Z0 my extruders right where it should be...
M29 then probes the bed and when I G1 Z0 the extruder ignores the offset and floats in the air.

Weekend_warrior1999

Post by Weekend_warrior1999 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:11 pm

The answer to this is posted earlier in this thread. I realize it's been while, but for future members searching the answer is in there.

discojon

Post by discojon » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:23 pm

Attached is an updated 12mm inductive probe mount that will fit the Taz 6 / 5 with Olive X stage.

Remove the .pdf estension for the STEP file
Attachments
Heatsink Fan with probe mount.stl
(319.71 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
Heatsink Fan with probe mount.step.pdf
(556.06 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
TAZ 5, Open rails X,Y,Z. Marlin 1.1 RC2. Mangrove dual fan, reinforced extruder mount

forester

Post by forester » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:20 am

I would LOVE to get my hands on this! Any plans for making a version that will work with folks only using a single extruder?

Awesome job!