Crowd funding? Use CrowdSupply!

Want to use the Open Source Hardware documentation to make your LulzBot 3D Printer do even more? Start here!
lkcl

Re: Crowd funding? Use CrowdSupply!

Post by lkcl » Fri May 19, 2017 9:30 pm

piercet wrote:So far they haven't got back to me.
ok, i know that they're very very busy. two things that are very very important:

(1) be absolutely clear about what it is that you want to achieve.

(2) be absolutely 100% confident that you can achieve it.

now, (2) can be in the form of 100% having a working hardware prototype, or it can be in the form of having a 98% completed prototype where you are 100% confident that the remaining 2% can be 100% solved and ready for production.

the reason for having a 100% working hardware prototype is so that you've actually gone to the trouble of sourcing and assembling all the parts, at least once. there was some stupid, stupid guys on indiegogo who were *ONE HUNDRED PERCENT* funded for a head-wearable device... who had never even bothered to source a battery. so when they said "we're using a high-end Cortex A15 from TI, we need a battery that completely violates the laws of physics" the suppliers had to say "i'm sorry but you're going to have to tell your customers they will need to strap a small brick to the sides of their heads to support that kind of battery life".

solve these kinds of things in advance, and crowdsupply will be much more willing to talk to you.

the only other thing i can think of: it really really helps to have a well-established mailing list or forum where there are people who like the idea and are either willing to help promote it or actually back it or both. use them as your sounding-board for the development of the idea *before* production. because, if they don't like it, why would they help you to promote it? :)

kamkaran

Re: Crowd funding? Use CrowdSupply!

Post by kamkaran » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:58 am

It really a good link you've shared here.well done.
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.