What should we make next?

Want to use the Open Source Hardware documentation to make your LulzBot 3D Printer do even more? Start here!
mirage335

Re: What should we make next?

Post by mirage335 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:56 pm

Biolumo wrote:Some have also requested that Octoprint setup's be a possible add-on feature officially from A.O. If you do decide to do that it might not be a bad idea to create/sell a 5v regulator add-on to the 24v power supply with a female USB connector.
IIRC, the RAMBo electronics onboard 5V regulator can source 3.5A, more than enough for my RasPi.

Biolumo

Post by Biolumo » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:06 pm

mirage335 wrote:IIRC, the RAMBo electronics onboard 5V regulator can source 3.5A, more than enough for my RasPi.
good to know. I wasn't sure with how much current the fans were taking and if adding a webcam would steal too much current.

3dRiffs

Post by 3dRiffs » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:22 pm

inventabuild wrote:I'd like to see a "filament out" detector which would pause the printer till I get back home so I don't need to guesstimate if I have enough filament on the spool for a print job.
Huge +1 on that - especially if it's an add-on to existing machines.

warcorer

Post by warcorer » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:33 pm

What would be really great is an addition to the Taz6 extruder that allows printing using pellets instead of filament.

RCole

Post by RCole » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:20 pm

Just some ideas that I haven't heard here yet.

A "cold" bed instead of a "hot" bed. Then add liquid and/or paste extruder (can you say chocolate? Maybe chocolate chips for that cookie?)

A bed that can tip (controlled) 180 degrees (360 would be harder - especially if heated). Build in a number of directions.
--------------
For people talking about CAD programs - there is a small group working on CAD type alignment tools for Blender.

tallslenderguy

Post by tallslenderguy » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:09 am

piercet wrote:Cookies! They should bake us all cookies!

(Chocolate chip cookies in the shape of a 3d printer!)
what he said

Biolumo

Post by Biolumo » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:03 pm

I may have mentioned it before, but benchtop 5-axis CNC is what i'd like to get into next. Since Aleph Objects is frequently is quoted as saying they are NOT a 3D printer company, but an Open Hardware company it makes sense for them to diversify into other products soon.

Here are two affordable benchtop 5-axis CNC mill designs that may give you enough encouragement for your R&D Design team. One of them i believe is already an Open Source / Open Hardware design! The other one is a good size / design minus the horrible chatter and poor Chinese build quality.

http://www.pocketnc.com/pocket-nc/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdXGNZvW7vY

HY-3040 MINI 5 AXIS
https://youtu.be/dQLt-UOuw_w

drifter57

Post by drifter57 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:12 pm

While my TAZ 4 is an excellent printer, I still feel there is entirely too much play in the xy axis and print head. Perhaps move away from the rods and toward linear rails or perhaps Piercet's Openrails concept for increased rigidity.

I'd like to see an enclosed bed printer perhaps similar to the Zortrax or Craftbot. I would also like to see a scanner.

The 4 color option that Joseph Prusa just introduced would be awesome developed for the TAZ.

Thanks for asking.

mirage335

Post by mirage335 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:51 pm

To LulzBot staff: please keep in mind my next batch of open-source technology is continuing to develop rapidly as I work with a new group called Connected 3D Printing. Combining the efforts of two companies could bring spectacular results.

nopick

Post by nopick » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:43 pm

I would like you to make replacement wiring harnesses available to your customers that need them.