What should we make next?

Want to use the Open Source Hardware documentation to make your LulzBot 3D Printer do even more? Start here!
koniglar

Re: What should we make next?

Post by koniglar » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:27 pm

nopick wrote:I would like you to make replacement wiring harnesses available to your customers that need them.
YES! And those upgrading their older TAZ's to current specs/toolheads.

nopick

Post by nopick » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:47 pm

koniglar wrote:
nopick wrote:I would like you to make replacement wiring harnesses available to your customers that need them.
YES! And those upgrading their older TAZ's to current specs/toolheads.
Upgrades are one thing but, I have a mini that keeps breaking the bed heater wiring and I can't seem to purchase the new harness that includes more flexible cable.

Apocx

Post by Apocx » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:31 pm

Not sure if mentioned already (and maybe it even exists already), but a version of this Multi-Material upgrade for the Taz 6 would be amazing.
http://prusaprinters.org/original-prusa ... e-release/

Bonus points if there was also a dual hot end version so that you could print 4 colors in one material (~same temp) + another material (different temp) at the same time. Not sure if that'd be doable but it'd certainly be amazing.

Also:
Filtered enclosures (or enclosure with hose outlet for some kind of ventilation)
CNC machine

discojon

Post by discojon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:00 am

I really like the new Ultimaker 3 swappable extruders setup. I'd like to see some sort of more easily interchangeable hotends. Also, overall rigidity upgrades, or maybe a Taz "Pro" with open rails setups. Perhaps a few different extruder options, including a bowden setup.
TAZ 5, Open rails X,Y,Z. Marlin 1.1 RC2. Mangrove dual fan, reinforced extruder mount

sgraber

Post by sgraber » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:47 pm

ryankopf wrote:Resin based 3D printer and open source resin formulations.
FWIW there's already a couple open-source resin formulations out there, with the AutoDesk PR-48 resin being a prime example. That said, what a hobbyist will run into is you CANNOT buy small quantities of the individual components for an economic price. You will either pay through the nose at Sigma-Aldrich or have to buy a 5-gal pail (if not a drum!) from the raw material supplier of each component to make it.

If Lulzbot is serious about a resin printer, they should contact us (MakerJuice Labs) and we can talk. :) We've worked with a number of the open-source community resin printer manufacturers, such as the LittleRP, SeeMeCNC's Droplit, etc.

Shane Graber
Research Chemist
MakerJuice Labs - SLA UV Resins

saramos

Post by saramos » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:50 pm

Filaments suffer from an inconsistency in filament diameter, which can cause issues with print quality and ease of use. I would be cool if a device could be made, similar to filament detectors that went the next step and continuously monitored the diameter of the filament and made adjustments to the feed rate. Or at a minimum, would automatically measure the diameter of the filament at the start of a print and made appropriate adjustments.

robajohn

Post by robajohn » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:17 pm

nbmoretto wrote:A laser cutter platform.
YES! A lot of parts commonality as well!
saramos wrote: a device could be made, similar to filament detectors that went the next step and continuously monitored the diameter of the filament and made adjustments to the feed rate.
And THAT!

ScottW

Post by ScottW » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:15 pm

saramos wrote:Filaments suffer from an inconsistency in filament diameter, which can cause issues with print quality and ease of use. I would be cool if a device could be made, similar to filament detectors that went the next step and continuously monitored the diameter of the filament and made adjustments to the feed rate. Or at a minimum, would automatically measure the diameter of the filament at the start of a print and made appropriate adjustments.
I would REALLY like to see this (filament diameter sensing). The support is already present in Marlin. A diameter sensor would allow slicing every model with 3.00mm diameter, and Marlin would scale extrusion based on actual diameter input from the sensor. No more re-slicing just because I change colors and the diameter is different!

discojon

Post by discojon » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:02 pm

I'm in the market for a tormach pcnc 1100 sized machine. Having an open hardware option would be amazing.
TAZ 5, Open rails X,Y,Z. Marlin 1.1 RC2. Mangrove dual fan, reinforced extruder mount

lehmann

Post by lehmann » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:51 pm

I would really like to use a clay struder with my TAZ 5. Found this one at thingiverse, and it fits perfect, but I'm not able to change the software. http://www.thingiverse.com/make:198899. Especially for printing chocolate, it would be perfect, if you develop a software add-on...