Latest marlin firmware for TAZ 5

Look here for custom firmware, networked 3D printer hosts like OctoPrint, and more!
keith

Re: Latest marlin firmware for TAZ 5

Post by keith » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:36 pm

Let me ask you a question - I've noticed on my prints that on the layers where the infill is 100% - the bottom layers of a print mostly where it uses 100% infill 100% of the time for the first few layers - that it almost seems as if it is "blobbed" on the sides of square structures. It is only on the first few layers - almost like there is too much infill and it pushes the perimeters out a little bit. On the rest of my prints I have infill at 20% and I don't see this issue. I thought that it was an overlap issue. Is this the problem you are trying to address? I was thinking it was a Cura slicing issue and I've been playing with the overlap parameter without success. It's been driving me nuts.

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:48 pm

If this happens only with my release from yesterday, it's verly likely the problem I fixed now!

keith

Post by keith » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:51 pm

I should have been more clear - I have seen that problem on the stock Marlin firmware. I haven't had the chance to try out your version yet. Specifically, it was the version provided by Lulzbot for Taz 5 (Marlin 1.0? With Lulzbot modifications?). I never thought about the problem being part of Marlin - I was stuck thinking it was the slicer.

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:02 pm

Like this one on the left? A little bit overspilling the first perimeter line and squished?

That's what's healed with advance.

keith

Post by keith » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:26 pm

I don't know if this shows it really well because it is a white print, but this is what I'm talking about. The lower right area near the bottom layers kind of "blobs" out. This is pretty consistent from what I saw. I thought it was an overlap issue.
Attachments
IMG_20160421_162350.jpg

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:23 am

Not the best picture, but I'm quite shure its not an advance pressure thing. I guess flow rate calibration together with precise Z-height measurement is what you want to heal this.

keith

Post by keith » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:26 am

Cool! Thank you!

movingimage

Post by movingimage » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:16 am

Hi,

I'd love to test out the advance feature in this firmware. I don't have a build environment set up on my computer rigt now though. Is there a pre-compiled version I could load to test? I guess I'd need the version with the correct acceleration for an unmodified TAZ5.

If anyone could post this, I'd be quite appreciative!

Best Regards,
J

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:59 am

I wasn't including the .hex file intentionaly.. This feature is still in development, and I think it's not good to make it too easy for "end users" to experiment with maybe not fully debuged code. This way, I know everyone using it has a basic knowledge about the firmware that may help to understand what's happending if something goes wrong and how to revert to stock if necessary.

Maybe I'm too careful?

keith

Post by keith » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:16 am

I did the same thing with the firmware I worked on for my TAZ 6 updates. Since I have different hardware from upgrading since a TAZ 1, I did not want anyone ripping their expensive printer apart with my settings. Therefore I provided the source code for compilation. It is only a couple of button clicks to compile it and should not be too hard for someone that wants to experiment, or improve upon my work.