Arduino version for TAZ 6

I made some changes in Configuration.h and recompiled the TAZ 6 firmware. Saved to .hex and uploaded with Cura.
After this I get a “Heater failed” message. I got it at different times but mostly right after bed leveling is complete and the nozzle and bed are heating up at the same time. But I also got it one time when I wanted to change filament and manually set the temperature on the display.
Anyway, I uploaded the stock firmware again and the problem is gone. This is very strange to me as I didn’t change any temperature settings at all in the config. So this has to be a compiler error.
I compiled my firmware with latest Arduino 1.6.9 using the official RAMBo Boards plugin. It actually compiled without any errors so I thought everything was fine. But clearly it isn’t.
So what should I use to compile this?
I really hope someone from Lulzbot can answer and tell what they used for the official firmware. I actually expected this information to be available in the firmware folders but I didn’t find anything.

The latest ohai says 1.0.5. That is what I use for my Taz 5 machines.

https://ohai.lulzbot.com/project/firmware-flashing/firmware-flashing/

Are you trying to use an rc of marlin or are your changes based on the Lulzbot marlin release?

That error might show up in some release candidates of marlin due to too aggressive heater check values. But i thought Lulzbot is still using older code without temperature checks. .

Yeah but that OHAI is from 2014. I thought maybe things had changed. I first tried with 1.0.5 and 1.0.6 but I didn’t get it to work.

I’m basing it on the official TAZ 6 release which is based on Marlin 1.0.2-1. The heater values are very non-aggressive in the Lulzbot printers so that shouldn’t be a problem at all.

Ok so I gave Arduino 1.0.6 a new try and started from the beginning. This time I got the firmware to compile and now the “Heating failed” problem is gone from the printer with my custom firmware. So it was definitely a compiler bug with newer Arduino versions.

Hi Jen, can I know how did you go about flashing the firmware for the taz 6? Was it arduino 1.0.6 or 1.0.5? I took a poke at the documentation for flashing the firmware here, https://ohai.lulzbot.com/project/firmware-flashing/firmware-flashing/

On step 5, the taz 6’s firmware files does not have the libraries files, how did you do it?