Marlin 1.1 config for TAZ6?

Look here for custom firmware, networked 3D printer hosts like OctoPrint, and more!
nuroo
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:08 pm

Re: Marlin 1.1 config for TAZ6?

Post by nuroo » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:51 pm

Had a chance to play around with the advanced pause feature more........

Marlin_TAZ6_SingleExtruder_1.1.5.32_e424c92.hex
In the config file I noticed you had
#define PAUSE_PARK_X_POS 10
#define PAUSE_PARK_Y_POS (303 - 0) - 10
#define PAUSE_PARK_Z_ADD 10
#define PAUSE_PARK_XY_FEEDRATE 100
#define PAUSE_PARK_Z_FEEDRATE 5
#define PAUSE_PARK_RETRACT_FEEDRATE 60
#define PAUSE_PARK_RETRACT_LENGTH 2

Can I suggest a different park location. With the settings above the head moves up 10 mm and pushes the bed out toward the user. The nozzle ends up just to the left of the homing sensor. Which isn't ideal for cleaning the nozzle or changing the filament.

I prefer
X220
Y17
+Z50 (relative positioning)
This moves the bed to rear and up by 50mm. So the print is out of the way and its easier to get to the nozzle for cleaning.
In Octoprint I use:
M600 X220 Y17 Z50 ; move Z up +50, move bed back to clean nozzle.

Works better for me. I dont know how the printer will react if it's for instance already @ 225mm height when a pause command is issued. Then the +50mm may be an issue because it would exceed the max build height. But it allows for more room to work with.

If +50 is too much because of above reason. Then at least consider x220 y17, so bed is away from user during filament change.

tenantless
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:39 pm

Re: Marlin 1.1 config for TAZ6?

Post by tenantless » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:48 pm

marcio wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:28 pm
freshmas wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:50 pm
Based on what I've been able to find, it sounds like 3 and 4 point linear auto bed leveling are nearly the same as both result in a tilted plane correction. Bilinear probing should be better, even from only 4 probe points, as it can result in a twisted surface correction profile.
After internal testing, we've decided to go with 4-point LINEAR probing. This update will be made on FW .32, which will be released with Cura 2 shortly.

We found BILINEAR 4-point gives poor results. I suspect this may be due to a bug in Marlin. The BILINEAR technique is meant for a grid of points and I suspect the computation is done incorrectly for the right-most or bottom-most cells of the grid, as these could be a special case in the code. This error would be barely noticeable if we were using a large grid, as it would only happen on a relatively small portion of the total bed's area; but in our case, since we are using a 2x2 grid, our entire bed would fall within the region in which the computation would be incorrect.

This is just speculation, but it seems to explain why in theory BILINEAR would be better, but in practice it is worse than LINEAR for our printers.
Hi Marcio,

I'm also running into probe leveling failures with a clean nozzle on FW 1.0.2.22, any ETA for a release of FW 1.1.5.x ?

Thanks for all the updates!

ScottW
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:00 pm

Re: Marlin 1.1 config for TAZ6?

Post by ScottW » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:19 pm

tenantless wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:48 pm
I'm also running into probe leveling failures with a clean nozzle on FW 1.0.2.22, any ETA for a release of FW 1.1.5.x?
1.1.5.44 was released with Cura 2.6, around 11/24/2017. If you install and run Cura 2.6.52, it should offer to update your firmware automatically to 1.1.5.44.

You can also download it from http://devel.lulzbot.com/software/Marlin/1.1.5.44 — just make sure to get the correct file for your model /extruder — and can install it with legacy Cura21 or Arduino IDE.

We should be real close to another release.... Latest builds are available at http://devel.lulzbot.com/software/Marlin, but beware all those builds should be considered “test builds” until AO formally releases one.

nuroo
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:08 pm

Re: Marlin 1.1 config for TAZ6?

Post by nuroo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:33 pm

Progress Bar for Octoprint - via M73 (like when printing from an SD card)
26733906_10211638457622383_4680331629986911934_n.jpg
If you modify the configuration_adj.h in Marlin 1.1.7 or higher:
// Add an 'M73' G-code to set the current percentage
//#define LCD_SET_PROGRESS_MANUALLY
Change to -
#define LCD_SET_PROGRESS_MANUALLY

Then if you add M73 plugin to Octoprint you get a progress bar while printing :D
https://plugins.octoprint.org/plugins/m73progress/
Did it on my cr10s4, love it.

Could we get this added Lulzbot firmware?



The layer number and z height can be done with simplify3d post processing commands.
{REPLACE "; layer" "M117 Layer"}
{REPLACE " Z = " " Z="}

Menissalt
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:47 am

Re: Marlin 1.1 config for TAZ6?

Post by Menissalt » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:24 pm

nuroo wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:33 pm
Progress Bar for Octoprint - via M73 (like when printing from an SD card)
26733906_10211638457622383_4680331629986911934_n.jpg

If you modify the configuration_adj.h in Marlin 1.1.7 or higher:
// Add an 'M73' G-code to set the current percentage
//#define LCD_SET_PROGRESS_MANUALLY
Change to -
#define LCD_SET_PROGRESS_MANUALLY

Then if you add M73 plugin to Octoprint you get a progress bar while printing :D
https://plugins.octoprint.org/plugins/m73progress/
Did it on my cr10s4, love it.

Could we get this added Lulzbot firmware?



The layer number and z height can be done with simplify3d post processing commands.
{REPLACE "; layer" "M117 Layer"}
{REPLACE " Z = " " Z="}

I don't see configuration_adj.h in the dev firmware or I would try it. Maybe marcio can weigh in on this.

ScottW
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:00 pm

Re: Marlin 1.1 config for TAZ6?

Post by ScottW » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:43 pm

Menissalt wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:24 pm
I don't see configuration_adj.h in the dev firmware or I would try it. Maybe marcio can weigh in on this.
I think that was just a typo -- he was referring to the configuration_adv.h file. And Marcio has already added this define (via changes to configuration_adv.h and Conditionals_LulzBot.h) in the 1.1.8.xx development versions.

Menissalt
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:47 am

Re: Marlin 1.1 config for TAZ6?

Post by Menissalt » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:51 pm

ScottW wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:43 pm
Menissalt wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:24 pm
I don't see configuration_adj.h in the dev firmware or I would try it. Maybe marcio can weigh in on this.
I think that was just a typo -- he was referring to the configuration_adv.h file. And Marcio has already added this define (via changes to configuration_adv.h and Conditionals_LulzBot.h) in the 1.1.8.xx development versions.
I just merged the latest update and didn't see this option, I'll have to go back and look for it
Last edited by Menissalt on Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ScottW
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:00 pm

Re: Marlin 1.1 config for TAZ6?

Post by ScottW » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:55 pm

DELETED - (Replied to wrong post!)
Last edited by ScottW on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ScottW
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:00 pm

Re: Marlin 1.1 config for TAZ6?

Post by ScottW » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:57 pm

Menissalt wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:51 pm
ScottW wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:43 pm
Menissalt wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:24 pm
I don't see configuration_adj.h in the dev firmware or I would try it. Maybe marcio can weigh in on this.
I think that was just a typo -- he was referring to the configuration_adv.h file. And Marcio has already added this define (via changes to configuration_adv.h and Conditionals_LulzBot.h) in the 1.1.8.xx development versions.
I just merged the latest update and didn't see this option, I'll have to go back and look for it
Definitely enabled in 1.1.8.4, that's the source I'm basing my builds from right now. I haven't checked the later builds but assume it is still there.

Menissalt
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:47 am

Re: Marlin 1.1 config for TAZ6?

Post by Menissalt » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:59 pm

ScottW wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:43 pm
Definitely enabled in 1.1.8.4, that's the source I'm basing my builds from right now. I haven't checked the later builds but assume it is still there.
Searching for "M73" in those files and I'm not coming up with anything, I'm using this repository https://code.alephobjects.com/diffusion ... ory/devel/

Is it defined in another way or am I on the wrong repo?

Post Reply