Print with rubber on your Lulzbot!

Help with printing with specific plastic filaments.
Theycallmejohn

Re: Print with rubber on your Lulzbot!

Post by Theycallmejohn » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:39 pm

Well we have to be careful exporting that PTFE tubing, never know what might happen if it got into the wrong hand up there in Canada! ;)

JonathanB

Post by JonathanB » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:25 pm

I need to wire my igloo. Sheesh. ;)

speedysteve1

Post by speedysteve1 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:17 am

well tried my first attempt at printing ninjaflex with a disappointing result..

Printed out the flexstruder body built it up from a cannibalized standard extruder changed the nozzle out for a 0.5 heated up and got started..

Did bed calibration a couple of times and all looked good with a nice even strip all around the bed. got quite excited at that point !!

Started printing out the octopus file using the ninjaflex cura profile after the 3rd layer started getting weird kicking noises from the extruder and the main wheel wasn't turning anymore so shut it down for examination..

Looks like the filament had bunched up and pushed itself around the hobbed bolt jamming up and splitting my printed flexystruder body, guess the piece of tube I cut from the roll feeder ( the ID was too big but I thought Id try it anyway.. ) wasn't good enough for the job and left too much space around the hobbed bolt... so back to the drawing board :oops:

Does anyone know where I can get a short length of the correct size of ptfe tubing in Houston ?

Not too discouraged I was expecting to have to experiment a bit with this :D :D

SS

speedysteve1

Post by speedysteve1 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:39 am

Woo hoo, 1st print completed with ninjaflex !

Printed out the flexstruder with 100% fill built it up with another piece of the guide tube ( its getting a little too short now :) ) and cannibalized standard extruder and it seems to be working..

Using the ninjaflex config file from website and printed out the rocktopus file @ 20% fill and it completed pretty well, very "furry" surface compared to ABS but its in one piece and definitely very flexible !!

Very glad I used a glue stick on the bed as it was stuck firm, pretty sure I would have destroyed the bed coating without the glue trying to take it off !!

Now im gonna try and print the open RC truggy tyre ( ive nearly printed everything else in that kit ! )

Wish me luck,
SS

speedysteve1

Post by speedysteve1 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:54 am

Truggy tyre completed @80% fill, tried at 20% but it got messed up in the fill area
Ninjaflex is awesome !
SS

manuelwenger

Post by manuelwenger » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:19 pm

Hello, I´m new to the Forum and got my TAZ printer just 2 days ago and since then it´s running round the clock :)
I´m very interested in printing with NinjaFlex and so i looked into the Flexistruder.

I printed the Body Flexistruder V1.1 but now i´m not sure if i need any other parts besides the PTFE Tube, or if anything else can be used from the standard extruder. Is there a kind of "shopping list" which parts i need besides the standard extruder and the printed parts ?

thanks
Manuel

chriswh86

Post by chriswh86 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:17 pm

manuelwenger wrote:Hello, I´m new to the Forum and got my TAZ printer just 2 days ago and since then it´s running round the clock :)
I´m very interested in printing with NinjaFlex and so i looked into the Flexistruder.

I printed the Body Flexistruder V1.1 but now i´m not sure if i need any other parts besides the PTFE Tube, or if anything else can be used from the standard extruder. Is there a kind of "shopping list" which parts i need besides the standard extruder and the printed parts ?

thanks
Manuel
Hello Manuel. Hopefully this link is what you are after...
https://ohai-kit.alephobjects.com/proje ... _assembly/

Be sure to checkout the main link for other things you may be interested in.

Chris,
Chris
Community Rep at Pinshape
Explore, Share & Download High-Quality 3D Printable Designs
www.Pinshape.com

manuelwenger

Post by manuelwenger » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:51 am

thanks chris, thats what i was looking for :)
Hope i can get all the electronic parts here in Europe somewhere.

chriswh86

Post by chriswh86 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:04 am

manuelwenger wrote:thanks chris, thats what i was looking for :)
Hope i can get all the electronic parts here in Europe somewhere.

Maybe check with Lulzbot to see if they have a drop shipper in Europe as that may really help. I know they use drop shippers but im not to sure how far they extend. Give them a shout.
Chris
Community Rep at Pinshape
Explore, Share & Download High-Quality 3D Printable Designs
www.Pinshape.com

C_Duncan

Post by C_Duncan » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:42 am

@moderator, this topic looks dead. Can we remove it as a sticky? It dates the forum.