Print with rubber on your Lulzbot!

Help with printing with specific plastic filaments.
redhatmatt

Re: Print with rubber on your Lulzbot!

Post by redhatmatt » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:39 am

Hello, I really want to use Cura and Ninjaflex on my Taz 4 w my Flexystruder. The Cura profile page, surprisingly enough has no Cura Ninjaflex Profile and the Slic3r ones I don't think are compatible. Anyone? Lulzbot?

redhatmatt

Post by redhatmatt » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:41 am

Andy W wrote:Printed some parts with Ninjaflex on my TAZ . That is some great filament. Made a RC tire just to test the new printer setup and the Filament. That tire came out perfect. Btw I used Cura.

Here a video

http://youtu.be/jvxbmcxjois

Andy
Any chance you will share your Cura profile for Ninjaflex? You are using the Flexistruder yes?

Orias
Aleph Objects | LulzBot

Post by Orias » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:18 pm

We have a NinjaFlex Cura profile for the TAZ available here: https://www.lulzbot.com/support/taz-cura-profiles

JonathanB

Post by JonathanB » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:44 pm

So I need to print out some rubber parts for my new quad design....

I've just read through this whole thread, I'm a little confused as to which flexi file to print as there were some links to a belt driven version also?? In the links provided, there are a million different versions with different titles, which file is the most recent? Thanks!

Orias
Aleph Objects | LulzBot

Post by Orias » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:50 am

Use the profiles listed on LulzBot.com. They are considered a good stable starting point.

JonathanB

Post by JonathanB » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:59 am

I'm talking about the actual Flexystruder extruder mount itself

I also have a few quesions about building the Flexistruder....

1. Where to get the correct size PTFE tubing? I see all different kinds availabe on-line, 3mm ID, 3.4mm, 4MMID, which one is the best to use? Do slight differences in ID matter, I imagine they do.

2. My plan is to build a hot swap flexistruder, I imagine I have make sure I'm using the same hotend as my other hotends, or atleast the same thermistor and resistor so I don't need to reflash the software each time?......

Orias
Aleph Objects | LulzBot

Post by Orias » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:29 pm

Gotcha.

Print this model: http://devel.lulzbot.com/TAZ/accessorie ... r-V1.1.stl

1. McMaster Carr has the PTFE tubing. Not sure how well/cheaply they deliver to your area. Order the one as close to the ID as you'd like, you're going to drill the flexystruder body out to get a snug fit for the PTFE tube. For the ID I drilled out mine, rather than hoping to find one that matched the spec.

2. That's correct! Although, the term Hot Swap strikes fear in me- (for the benefit of new users reading this, ALWAYS power down your printer and unplug from USB prior to (dis)connecting anything on the printer).

JonathanB

Post by JonathanB » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:24 pm

Ok, awesome! I guess there is only one, it's just repeated a bunch of times.

1. McMaster apparently won't ship to you if you're not a business :)

2. Cold swap....COLD SWAP! :o

kcchen_00

Post by kcchen_00 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:14 pm

JonathanB wrote: 1. McMaster apparently won't ship to you if you're not a business :)
I get stuff from them all the time... I don't have a business... just a credit card. :)

JonathanB

Post by JonathanB » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:12 pm

It's probably because I'm Canadian, frigg'n yanks :P

I placed an order,
here is the e-mail I received.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

"Hi Jonathan,

Due to the complexity of U.S. export regulations, McMaster-Carr accepts international orders only from businesses. This decision also applies to orders shipping within the United States, because it is based on the final destination of the items. We cannot accept this order or future orders.

Jim"
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

maybe next time I need something, I'll keep you in mind. You can order it for me and then just ship it to me. We actually have a similar company here in Canada, it's called fastenal, they have ALOT of stuff but McMaster seems to have even more.