ninjaflex bed sticking?

I have been printing with cheetah flex and it can come off the bed with ease no glue or other prep needed but when I switched to ninja flex I kept running into the problem of over sticking. ninja has actually stuck so well to my heated bed that I have shattered two beds in the process of trying to get the print off. is there any way I can prevent over sticking with ninja?

Lulzbot suggests using a glue stick.
From “parts and specifications” section https://www.lulzbot.com/store/filament/ninjaflex :

Print Surface:To make removing 3D printed NinjaFlex objects easier, we strongly recommend applying a glue stick (such as UHU® brand) applied to the print surface prior to powering on your LulzBot 3D printer. Maintain the print surface by powering off your LulzBot and cleaning the glue stick residue with a soft cloth and water.

We print NinjaFlex on a plain glass bed. Works great. Seems to stay in place while printing. Finished parts peel off the naked glass easily.

It is a bit of a pain to swap the heated bed when printing flexible filaments, but it is much easier than getting NinjaFlex parts off the standard bed, that is a fact.

Bill D.

thanks for the help! I will try out the glue tomorrow and see if that works first.

I print Nija flex on a non-heated bed with blue painters tape. Comes right off

I have had the best results leaving the bed heat at 0 and using the gluestick.
If you’re dual extruding ninjaflex and ABS (or anything that requires heat for bed adhesion) I found a lower bed temp, around 80c and a layer of gluestick works great.

yes the purple Elmer glue work perfect. thanks for the help

A couple of layers of Aquanet hairspray works well. Make sure it dries completely before printing.