drooping perimeters

I’m printing the standard 20x20x20 cube and getting some interesting corners.

To me it appears that the perimeters between the corners are collapsing (or the corners are building up higher than the mid of the perimeters.)

Also, I don’t quite get whats happening with the right side corner and the zipper effect…(on the next try I chose random seams and that fixed the zipper.)

You’re leaving out a lot of information:

1. What material are you using?

2. What profile are you using? Basic or expert mode?

3. Can you post your profile if it is different than a stardard profile supplied by lulzbot so we can look at it?

4. Which printer are you using?

-Jim

Going based on little to no information, it looks like you have a cooling/temp issue since one side of the part looks better than the other. This is usually seen on print heads with part cooling fans on only one side of the part that aren’t set correctly. I’ll reserve more guessing until we get some more information to help determine your issue.

ABS, nozzle temp 230, bed 110

1. What profile are you using? Basic or expert mode?

I’m using Slic3r, in this case the default settings.

1. Can you post your profile if it is different than a stardard profile supplied by lulzbot so we can look at it?

2. Which printer are you using?

AO-101, no fans

Going based on little to no information, it looks like you have a cooling/temp issue since one side of the part looks better than the other. This is usually seen on print heads with part cooling fans on only one side of the part that aren’t set correctly. I’ll reserve more guessing until we get some more information to help determine your issue.

Put a box over your printer (being sure to leave electronics exposed. It sure looks like you have some sort of unintended airflow coming from the right side.

The other possibility is since this is a small part you’re not giving enough time for adequate layer cooling. For very small parts, some airflow can be needed to “freeze” the layer in place before putting down the next layer.

Here’s something to try. Step 1, try putting the box over the printer to cut down on any drafts.

If that doesn’t solve it, humor me, put 4 copies of the part on the bed at one time. This will allow the first part time to cool its layer naturally while the other parts are printed. See if that helps with the part quality. If it does, there’s things that can be done in code to help fix it. Need to figure out the root cause though first.

-Jim