Problems with Inova-1800

Hi,

I’ve been printing almost exclusively with nGen colorfabb filament on my Lulzbot Mini, but I wanted to try a filament that was a bit sturdier and more heat resistant for an electronics enclosure. So I decided to give Inova 1800 a try.

Unfortunately, I haven’t had much luck. The print goes twice as fast as nGen, and seems to extrude at a larger diameter through my .5 mm nozzle. It fails to adhere to the print bed and just makes a big mess. I have yet to complete a print with the stuff.

I have been using the Lulzbot standard profile for Inova. I don’t have much experience with adjusting print settings, since the standard nGen settings have worked just fine. Does anyone have any thoughts about what I might be doing wrong, or how I might twesk the settings to get a better print?

Thanks,

Rod

You have some important missing information.
In order for you to get responses, you’ll need to say
Temperature of extruder?
Temperature of Bed?
Usually the standard profile gets you pretty close, but not necessarily the best.

Myself, I use glue stick on the PEI surface.
After cleaning the bed surface with warm water and 10% Isopropyl Alcohol.
I apply the glue stick.
1st print usually does not stick real well.
After 2 or 3 glue stick applications, the parts stick so hard, they are sometimes difficult to remove from the build plate.
I usually clean off the built up glue stick residue after about 10 parts or so.

If you give temperature information, others with more smarts than myself will chime in, I hope.