I still have yet to make a successful print

Well this is just frustrating. I’ve been trying over and over and most recently I sent a model that is little more than a very flat rectangle and still I can’t get the filament to stick to the build plate. Per the suggestions of some folks I have backed off the z axis and the latest setting is below. The problem I’m having is that the ring around the print often does not initially stick to the build plate, then after a short period it does. Then after awhile it’s like the filament stops extruding and then any time the print head picks up, moves, and comes back down the filament does not adhere to the build plate. I’m open to all suggestions. FYI: The filament is nGen, the z axis is adjusted per the image below, the quickprint profile is standard, and the gcode is attached.

U-RPG-StoneFloor-V2.0.gcode (2.97 MB)
Regards,

Dirk

Too bad bro. From the picture it looks like the hot end is too close to the print bed but that’s just a guess.

I don’t see anything wrong with the G-code, but I’m not sure how the firmware on the taz works as far as the bed leveling and z-offset. If you start the print without any filament in the extruder and then hit cancel half way through the first layer are you able to slide a business card under the nozzle? The z-height for the first layer in your G-code is set to 0.425 mm so a business card should slide under. Do you have an overly thick layer of glue stick on the bed? Sometimes that can block up the nozzle. If you’re not using glue stick for n-gen your’re going to have a bad time getting the print off. If you can print via USB cable with the taz 6, the Cura console will display the results from the bed leveling routine. I find that helpful sometimes on the mini.

Personally I’d crank up (or down, I’m not sure) the z-offset until your extruding in mid air just to make sure that the flow from the hot end is acceptable. If it looks good, adjust the z-offset back down so you’re closer to the bed and once you’re close enough things should start to stick.

Dsplawski,

Those are some good tips. I’ll try the ‘slide a card under the nozzle’ suggestion first and then try moving the z axis with and extruding. I probably won’t get a chance to get back to this until Saturday but I’ll let you know how this goes.

Regards,

Dirk

Oh, and ya I’m using a gluestick.

• Dirk

Dsplawski,

Finally got some free time to give this another chance. Holy cow I had no idea my Z axis was so low. I had to really bring it up to pass the card test. I’m still doing the test print but so far it hasn’t had any flaws (fingers crossed). Before your post I had no idea I could pause a print and tweak the printer settings and restart, that’s a pretty freaking powerful ability. I’ll let you know how the print comes out when it finishes. And thanks!

• Dirk

The print came out good and I’m starting on a second. I’m now much more comfortable experimenting with some of the settings though I’m still pretty conservative about tweaking things. I’ll probably try moving the z axis around a little bit and see what happens. Thanks so much, this is really working well.

Regards,

Dirk