Printer has gone wrong on second print?

Help with printing with specific plastic filaments.
olantigh

Re: Printer has gone wrong on second print?

Post by olantigh » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:59 am

Here are my results: The extruder on the second test was bang on 100mm and I tried lowering the temperature of this test print by 10 degrees to 230 degrees (at least no smell this time) however as the print progressed the temperature rose back to 240 degrees and the fans came on- at 40%, I also noticed the horizontal beam at he back was 17mm higher on the right than on the left when it finished (I manually corrected it), noticing that the print when cool enough to remove was going to hit the extruder because it wasn't high enough to clear it- I raised the extruder out of the way (using the LCD) and noticed the left vertical screw pin on the left was 2mm higher than the right this time? something really wrong there?
Any way see the photos: the print started off better this time but finished in a mess again...(story of my life!) and its not even perfect on the lower layers either- not like the original nGen first print. Even the base underneath isn't perfect- (what a pickle?) look like I'll have contact support and see what they say. (its probably something really obvious and needs just a bit of tweaking)
Many thanks for any solutions.
Attachments
P2059567.JPG
P2059566.JPG

olantigh

Post by olantigh » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:53 pm

I followed the lulzbots support email advice to the letter and my result speaks for itself: see photo
Many thanks for the support
Attachments
P2059570.JPG
original and last print comparisons
P2059569.JPG
very nice print indeed in ABS

ritmopat

Post by ritmopat » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:58 pm

so was the solution?

olantigh

Post by olantigh » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:49 am

The solution was to tighten up certain bolts on the machine- however over time they became loose and I had to eventually give up and send the whole thing back to the Lulzbot company in the US. Nice thing was that they paid for the postage (probably something to do with the insurance package I bought from them!) and they where really nice about it- Ok I had to put up with no machine for a few weeks but it all was fine in the end...
The niggle being that I dropped the extruder whilst cleaning it last Xmas and shattered the nozzle- so I bought a new Aerostruder instead (however that has problems too...and still working that one now.)