1.75 diameter petg in cura

how do I print something like the rocktopus using 1.75 diameter petg filament? I am completely green and just received my lulzbot mini yesterday. any help would be greatly appreciated.

The LulzBot line of 3D printers is specifically designed to use 3mm filament, that being said, the only software modification that is required is updating your filament diameter setting in Cura from 2.85 to 1.75. This will allow the printer to extrude the correct amount of plastic. While we have had some success, it has proven to be not as reliable as the 3mm filament. We recommend attempting this to use old stock from another printer, but if you are purchasing new filament we highly recommend the 3mm variety. Please feel free to give it a try, but your results and mileage may vary.

Yes it is all brand new filament. it was purchased at the same time as the printer.

One solution would be to buy a 1.75mm toolhead, https://itworks3d.com/product/lulzbot-taz-e3d-titan-aero-toolhead/.

Another solution is detailed here, https://forum.lulzbot.com/t/can-i-convert-my-3mm-nozzle-to-1-75mm/892/1

If you just got your printer then perhaps you just ordered the filament and you could return it.

Another solution is to find someone to either buy or trade your 1.75mm filament for 3mm (2.85mm) filament.

I’ve tried printing 1.75mm filament with the standard v2 extruder tool head that came with my TAZ6, and I’ve tried 1.75mm in the new Aerostruder tool head. Both of them tended to plug-up inside the hotend. In the end I ordered a new 1.75 extruder tool head from ITWorks (see the link the p-morgan below) and it works perfectly. It plugs directly in to the TAZ 6 cable connector. The only changes I needed to make as mention by Galadriel is under the Materials section to change the filament diameter setting to 1.75, and under the Quality heading to change line-width to 0.4 because the 1.75mm ITWorks extruder tool head ships with a 0.40 nozzle dia… I used the standard profile for the PLA filament I was printing at the time and the print came out perfect.