Conference Room Slider Sign

Here is a conference room slider sign I designed. I was shocked to find they cost over $50, so I decided to print one.

The picture I took was of a black and red version, but I believe black and white would look better (didn’t have any white ABS). I used Autodesk Fusion 360 to create the files and exported them to STL. Here is a public link: Fusion The example pictured was printed on my Lulzbot Mini with a single extruder. The gcode was created in Simplify3D and I added gcode to pause during the print to switch filament. The gcode was opened in Notepad ++, searched for “layer 11” and added the following code in bold and underlined above the “layer 11” line to move the extruder up, enable the motors so they will not move, and pause the print. Once I switched filament I resumed the print.

G92 E0
G1 E-1.5000 F1800
G1 Z60 F900; move to Z60 at F900 speed
M17; Enable/Power all stepper motors
M0; pause

; tool H0.200 W1.200
; infill
; layer 11, Z = 2.2
; tool H0.200 W0.600
; inner perimeter
; outer perimeter

Also attached are the files in STL format. I’m assuming you can use the link above to edit the files if you want to use Fusion 360, but if you cannot, I created this guide previously that shows how you import STL files and edit them in Fusion 360. How To Print Over Sized Objects

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Plaque Blank.stl (480 KB)
Slider Bracket.stl (62.8 KB)
Slider.stl (90.3 KB)

Well done print SudoICE,

Got to love the detail those darn Mini’s put out! Did you purge the extruder when you did your filament change? I love using brim to make sure everything is flowing nice, always thought id have a flow issue for part of the first layer after a filament change out.

This is great but you really should have centered the text not right aligned it? Either way it’s neat :slight_smile:

I prefer it right justified if the sign is mounted on the left side of the door entry way and left justified if the sign is mounted on the right side entry way. :smiling_imp: