3D Printed Animatronic

I’ve finally finished by 99% 3d printed animatronic. I say 99 percent because there are two roller bearings and some push rods in it…sometimes 3D printing can’t solve everything :wink:

Anyway, been working on it off and on for the last 1.5 years. Actually my first 3d print ever on my Mini was a individual moving eyeball as a prototype for this project.

Here is a link to a video of it running it’s full spiel: https://youtu.be/g5WGrtmRxQU

I’m quite pleased with how it turned out. Hopefully youtube doesn’t block the audio since I use clips from Disney songs; but it says as long as I don’t monetize on it it’s no big deal. So…no one send me any money ok? Perfect! :slight_smile:

Now it’s time to take a break and hopefully this coming winter start on my next animatronic. It will be a bit more basic on the movements, but no less awesome!

Enjoy!

Wow - that is awesome! You’re going to attract a big Halloween crowd, no doubt!

We did get a big crowd! I put in a delay so he does a song every 15 seconds or so. One girl walked up when he was “off” but never took her eyes off him. When she grabbed for candy, Egore went into his routine and she jumped back a couple feet.

It was awesome!

My wife requested that I reprogram him to sing bing crosby christmas songs for the holiday season.

I think some Mele Kalikimaka is in order :smiley:

[quote=“jim2386”]I’ve finally finished by 99% 3d printed animatronic. I say 99 percent because there are two roller bearings and some push rods in it…sometimes 3D printing can’t solve everything :wink:
quote]

Very impressive! Well done!

Thanks Robajohn!