Life Size T-Rex Skull

Hi all!

Just got my first FDM printer, Taz 6 and am loving it so far. Took me a while to get used it as I came from a DLP system. Now that I have some of the settings under control I’m going from broke and printing a project I’ve been working on for 3 years on and off.

Life size T-Rex Skull.

Here is a pic of the 3D Model:

And here is the first layer:

I’m calculating about 30kg of filament and it’s taken almost 20 days of solid printing to print what I’ve printed so far… no end in sight. I think I was a bit ambitious for my first print…but what the hell!

I’ll post my progress here but hope you all enjoy!

1 Like

Nice, my nephew wants one of those too now.

That looks very very cool and I’m impressed that you’re going for it! Ambitious might be an understatement but that is certainly a good thing. As someone just getting started I can only hope to put in the time and dedication you have. I look forward to seeing some more of your updates.

What a wimp! Start with something big! be hardcore! :wink:

1 Like

Sarcasm?

It’s all printed and assembled now less the teeth which I’m working on. The plan is to post process it and make a mold then cast a few resin copies of it.
Parts were welded together using 2 methods 1. with a 3Doodler and the same filament used to print. 2. With a soldering iron with adjustable temp setting and flat tip.

Hope you like and thanks for the comments!

JPP_4602[1].jpg

1 Like

Time to print the rest of it now. I’d start with the arms!

Nice skull! Did you polish it?

@Mulanzo - I’m interested in printing this same thing - wanted one forever. I’m new to the 3d print world - any chance you’d share the file with the pieces broken up? I’m still learning how to cut files. Thanks - it looks fantastic!

1 Like

@Mulanzo Amazing work! If you are willing to share the .stl I would love to try as well!

is this available for download or did i just overlook it