My Finished Enchanted Tiki Room Talking Tiki Tribute

Spent the last year designing, printing, coding, soldering, finishing, and painting this tribute to Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki room.

All designed in Siemens NX and all printed on my Lulzbot mini using Matterhackers PETG filament for the totem, Esun PLA for the faces, and Villlage Plastics ABS for the internal mechanisms. Everything in this project is 100% 3D printed.

Project runs off a wireless controller I designed and 3d printed as well.

All in all I’m very happy with how this project turned out! Watch the project in action below from my youtube page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxfdWpA4uG4

Thanks
Jim

That is AWESOME!
I want one!

Thanks!

That’s wicked! Are you going to make another? Would you ever consider making those for sale?

You’re not the first person to ask that :wink:.

OK. Go ahead and drop the mic.

In one single post, you have won both the internet and 3d printing.
This is sooooooo up my alley it’s pathetic. You are now my hero.

Using a 3d printer to make a pretty much useless ‘thing’ that incorporates lighting, electronics, sound and motion.
It’s like you crawled inside my brain and figured out what makes it tick. But, you have the mad skills and patience to pull it off.
I don’t.

JUST BRILLIANT!

jhaack,

“Using a 3d printer to make a pretty much useless ‘thing’” Useless…ouch lol.

Thanks though. Animatronics are my passion (along with Disney animatronics) so any time I get to make one I put all my time and effort into it. It may take a long time, but the end result is always worth the effort. :slight_smile:

Toying around with the idea of making the Sammy animatronic from country bear jamboree next. Stretch goal of making it light enough that someone could actually wear it as kind of a disney cosplay. It’s just an idea I’m throwing around.

Here’s a picture of Sammy on top of Henry the bear for those unfamiliar.
https://www.google.com/search?q=sammy+country+bear+jamboree&tbm=isch&source=iu&pf=m&ictx=1&fir=as2HSBYY5AMenM%3A%2CCRV1VUz3SZN4JM%2C_&usg=__qteRKkPyshdIGxQGLawICj4C1YI%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiB1K3-5cDXAhUDziYKHYTfAikQ9QEIKDAA#imgrc=zHMrn7r4ATJdJM: