Taz 6 - not reading SD Card

A forum dedicated to the stock LulzBot TAZ 3D Printer
Galadriel
Aleph Objects | LulzBot

Re: Taz 6 - not reading SD Card

Post by Galadriel » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:26 am

Jose wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:59 pm
I had the same problem today. I have a 64 Gb card around and I tried to use that one to print. "Card Inserted" but then "No SD card". I saw a post where someone said that you could download a software to correctly format SD cards from https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/index.html

Tried that, reformated using the software tool, but didn't solve the problem. I saw another comment about USB should not be connected at the same time, to be able to read the card, but when I use the small 8 Gb card that came with the printer, still with USB connected, it can read that small card. The problem seems to be with the large one.

Is there any limit in the card memory size? Does it have to be only a small mnemory card to be able to read it? The small card is 30 Mb/s, the large one is 80 Mb/s. Could that be another reason too?
SD cards that are rather large 64G+ etc... can only be formated in exFAT. The SD reader on our printers can only read FAT32. It sounds to me like most likely the larger SD card you are trying is not in the correct format to be read. There are some web based reformatters that might work. or you can try the CMD prompt and use format//FS: FAT32 G: to format it but it won't format 119G SD card due to size.

PrintingInOSC

Post by PrintingInOSC » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:38 am

Will FAT16 also work?

Galadriel
Aleph Objects | LulzBot

Post by Galadriel » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:01 am

PrintingInOSC wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:38 am
Will FAT16 also work?
Unfortunately it has to be Fat32, that is the only formatting style that your SD card reader is able to understand.