Taz 5 PEI Plate Bubbling?

A forum dedicated to the stock LulzBot TAZ 3D Printer
GoldPhive

Taz 5 PEI Plate Bubbling?

Post by GoldPhive » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:06 pm

The bed of my taz 5 has began to form bubbles or "air pockets" all over he bed. these pockets are effecting the part adhesion to the bed drastically and causing the prints to detatch from hte bed. has anybody else experienced this? what should i do?

kcchen_00

Re: Taz 5 PEI Plate Bubbling?

Post by kcchen_00 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:16 pm

I haven't experienced this on my TAZ, but have seen it on my other printer. My problem on my other printer was due to the adhesion of ABS... or really removal of parts due to the super adhesion to the PEI.

Lessons learned, I use a mixing spatula or anything with a blade to get under the project. Then slide the blade around underneath until the part pops off. Also use the Z-offset in slicing software to help with less or more adhesion.

Anyway... if you're bed is bubbling up, probably need to buy a replacement sheet from McMaster-Carr and re-apply with the 3M 486 double-sided tape. You'll probably need to scrape the od adhesive off the glass... There's a good tutorial on how to apply the PEI sheet stickied somewhere on the forum.

Orias
Aleph Objects | LulzBot

Post by Orias » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:46 am

GoldPhive wrote:The bed of my taz 5 has began to form bubbles or "air pockets" all over he bed. these pockets are effecting the part adhesion to the bed drastically and causing the prints to detatch from hte bed. has anybody else experienced this? what should i do?
Can you post a photograph of your current bed?

GoldPhive

Post by GoldPhive » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:23 pm

Yes, I will post a pic tomorrow after my current print finishes

GoldPhive

Post by GoldPhive » Fri May 01, 2015 4:46 pm

Sorry this took so long. On top of this issue, I just had a replacement extruder come in about a week ago and it just clogged on me on a 48 hour print. GRRRR I'm sick of all that constant issues with this printer.
Attachments
image.jpg
Pei bubbling

jayroth

Post by jayroth » Sat May 02, 2015 1:06 pm

Mine kinda looks like that...

tmorris9

Post by tmorris9 » Sat May 02, 2015 9:16 pm

That is a small amount of air between the heater and plate. Not sure it's a problem unless they get really big. I would just monitor it over time, you can also push on the back and probably get the heater to re stick in those spots but only use your fingers, nothing hard or sharp.

JarredS

Post by JarredS » Wed May 13, 2015 9:23 pm

so If lets say the bubbles have gotten bigger what do you do? I have tried to rub them back in but they just keep making a popping noise and come back. Please help it is causing so many of my print to fail.

piercet

Post by piercet » Wed May 13, 2015 9:55 pm

E-mail support. Especially if it's a Taz 5

Mhbradner

Post by Mhbradner » Thu May 14, 2015 9:50 pm

tmorris9 wrote:That is a small amount of air between the heater and plate. Not sure it's a problem unless they get really big. I would just monitor it over time, you can also push on the back and probably get the heater to re stick in those spots but only use your fingers, nothing hard or sharp.
On my TAZ 5 the bubbles aren't between the heater and the bottom of the glass bed, they are between the PEI and the top surface of the glass bed, because you can feel them. Mine have been getting more numerous and larger.
PEI_Bubbles.JPG
Mark -
TAZ5