Comprehensive List of TAZ Modifications

A forum dedicated to the stock LulzBot TAZ 3D Printer
cfipilot

Re: Comprehensive List of TAZ Modifications

Post by cfipilot » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:28 am

great post, is it still the most up to date? looks like the last modified date was Feb 2016

piercet

Post by piercet » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:25 pm

It's still mostly up to date. It's missing some of my newer projects and a few other things, I haven't had time to go through and update it, or add a Taz 6 section.

shawnkoh

Post by shawnkoh » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Are there any of the modifications that can be used for a Taz 6? I'm new to 3d printing as a whole but I'm really interested to achieve higher printing speeds at a good quality.

piercet

Post by piercet » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:19 pm

Yes, the openbuilds x and y have been ported to the taz 6 frame, you can do the aluminum bed mod, and there are various other extrude and perephrial mods that will fit. There is also a 12mm rod y axis mod that also exists. I haven't updated the list to show 6 compatibility yet.

jrlederer

Post by jrlederer » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:34 am

Fwiw, I, too am tremendously curious, eager, and waiting to see possibilities for upgrades to this very good printer. Currently, I wonder if the hotend is really great our just proprietary? Please update post with coolest mods available -- no matter the cost ;)

njgsx96

Post by njgsx96 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:36 pm

Would the extruder mod for the TAZ 5 work on the TAZ 6? I am looking for something to take away the play in the extruder assembly and this mod looks perfect. just curious if it will fit the 6 or if someone has made a 6 modification?

TAZ 5 Strengthened Hexagon Extruder Body: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:755184

I found this as a remix to work for a 6. Anyone verify/use it?

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1890019

Thanks! Rich

vesteroid

Post by vesteroid » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:20 pm

piercet wrote:Yes, the openbuilds x and y have been ported to the taz 6 frame, you can do the aluminum bed mod, and there are various other extrude and perephrial mods that will fit. There is also a 12mm rod y axis mod that also exists. I haven't updated the list to show 6 compatibility yet.

any way you could just link these 3 somehow?

chilicoke

Taz 6 elevated hexagon fan duct

Post by chilicoke » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:12 pm

Just got myself a Taz 6 and am loving it. However compare to the Taz 5 that I used to operate at work the 40mm hexagon fan is totally in the way of my view of the nozzle, so I drew an elevated fan duct.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2385549
Attachments
resized-photo.jpg
resized-drawing.jpg

Farny3D

Post by Farny3D » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:56 am

piercet wrote:Yes, the openbuilds x and y have been ported to the taz 6 frame, you can do the aluminum bed mod, and there are various other extrude and perephrial mods that will fit. There is also a 12mm rod y axis mod that also exists. I haven't updated the list to show 6 compatibility yet.
Not sure if quoting this comment is really what I meant to do.
Ive used a bunch of the mod links to upgrade my Taz5. I did the X-axis mod for 12mm rods and used linear ball bearings, as well as upgrading the Y-axis rods to 12mm using the Taz 6 12mm rod corners and 12mm single bearing holders.

Ive done so many upgrades to my Taz 5 that Ive been able to assemble another printer from all of the old parts. #stoked
My problem though is that I cant seem to find the correct 12mm bearing holders for the Taz 6 build plate in any of the printed production parts on the Lulzbot Downloads page. The mounting holes for the Taz6 aluminum bed are not in the same position as the ones on the Taz5 bed. Ive printed a few different 12mm single bearing holders from the downloads page and none of them seem to line up correctly with the holes drilled into the platter. Could you possibly point me in the direction of the correct .stl files? Im going to use 12mm rods and linear bearings on that bed as well. Im not sure why itworks3d sent me the Taz6 build plate instead of the Taz5, but Im not complaining because this thing looks super rugged. I just waited to long before I could send it back for an exchange. If this is a bother for you I can give Aleph objects a call and see if they can point me in the right direction. Your comprehensive list is epic so i wanted to say thanks for that as well, because Ive learned so much about 3D printing just from the mods on that list.