Any thoughts n the E3D Titan extruded?

A forum dedicated to the stock LulzBot TAZ 3D Printer
nopick

Re: Any thoughts n the E3D Titan extruded?

Post by nopick » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:23 pm

rexsolomon wrote:I use the E3D Titan and there is a significant problem with it.
Namely, the motor shaft is not supported in any way by the Titan's cover (even if there is a center hole on the cover).

I have a thread on the Titan section of the E3D forum regarding a solution for it.
My Taz 5 has a now modified Titan (to resolve this problem), pancake motor, E3D V6 and PT100 high temp sensor kit.

To be fair to E3D, since I have improvised a solution for the Titan, I have no problems with it whatsoever.

Here's my take away if you want to save a lot of money:
Just add a PT100-type sensor to your Hexagon hot end and get the amplifier board that goes with it.

That way you'll avoid the problems associated with the Titan (i.e. clicking noises, extrusion and retraction problems, motor shaft drifting from center). Of course a full size motor is more powerful than a pancake (but that is not the Titan's fault).

I hope this helps.
Could you link your thread on the E3D forum? I have three Taz running the Titan with half height and full height motors. I haven't had any problems related to the motor shaft. I would like to read through what you are experiencing.

nopick

Re: Any thoughts n the E3D Titan extruded?

Post by nopick » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:49 am

Here it is if anyone is interested.

https://forum.e3d-online.com/index.php? ... lved.2474/