Taz 5 hotends not heating up all the way

So about 3 months ago I upgraded my stock hotend to a new FlexyDually hotend and I have had great results. This last week all of the sudden, my temps on the hotends seem to stay about 15 degrees under the projected temperatures. These are the things i’ve troubleshooted so far,

1. Check the resistance of the heat capacitors, the check out at around 20 ohms.

2. Check the resistance of the thermistor, they check out at around 100k ohms.

3. Set my temperatures to the presets physically on the machine to abs/ninja - 230 - 220, resulting temperatures were 213ish and 206ish

4. Same as 3 but on the computer using Cura, once again the temperatures are about 15 degrees lower.

5. Had a thought to turn the base temperatures up to 256 and 246. Results were 240ish and 229ish (about 15 degrees lower)

6. Thought redoing the firmware might solve the trick, I had no success. Still 15 degrees under the set temperature.

I still dont know if its the RamBO or something software/firmware.

readout 2.PNG

I would try the old single extruder if you still have it, and flash back to that setup, heat the single extruder up and see if it works/heats correctly. If so then you are probably looking at bad thermistors then that have failed.

I would try the old single extruder if you still have it, and flash back to that setup, heat the single extruder up and see if it works/heats correctly. If so then you are probably looking at bad thermistors then that have failed.

So my first thought to this was, I don’t need to change it out. But I did like the Idea of changing the firmware to a different nozzle type. And these are the results.

Set the machine back to original single print head

Temperature went up to the set temperature. Instantly I knew it wasn’t my rambo or cura (in general) but something about the firmware. So my next thought was to see if magically it fixed the FlexyDually firmware. Reflashed it and these are the results

Only the first nozzle is set, and the temperature is about 15 degrees under the set temp. So I thought, lets try the other hotend options and see what happens. Here are the results from firmware flashed to the V2 dual extruder.

First nozzle came right up to temperature! At this point I knew it was a setting within the machine, but I didn’t know what menu it was in until I found them in the custom temperature choice from the machine. As you can see, the P’s I’s and D’s are set to…

ZERO!?!? So after that I tried to following,

Uninstall software and delete files and reset all of the software
pick my machine with the FlexyDually print head
Check the PID… still ZERO

Next I just took the PID settings from the V2 dual extruder and manually set them for now, but my question is this…

Why does the FlexyDually revert to 0?