TAZ6 Z Homing Issues with Standard Tool Head

I’ve been having issues with my Taz6 with the standard v2C .5mm tool head. It seems to be a firmware issue, because the printer works fine and has no trouble with our Flexystruder or MOARstruder. However, when I put the standard tool head on there and switch the firmware and printer profile over to that, instead of beginning a print or homing properly, it’ll just keep pushing the extruder down on the Z-Axis, pushing against the bed. I’ve changed the Z offset on the printer itself, but no luck, it just keeps doing the same thing (even at extreme settings like +10.00). Has anyone else had this issue? It’s a Taz6, latest firmware, and I’ve tried it on both the last version and the new upgraded version of Cura for Lulzbot.

Just as an addendum: every time I order the Taz6 v2c head, I get a Taz5 .5mm extruder from Lulzbot or elsewhere. Are they the same, or have I been receiving the wrong one?

A Taz 6 V2.1 extruder has two fan ducts, and more importantly for your immediate question, a wire that runs from the hotend to the connector block. That wire is how the printer levels. It isn’t present on a Taz 5 extruder. it should look like this. https://www.lulzbot.com/store/tool-heads/lulzbot-taz-single-extruder-tool-head-v21

The Taz 5 single extruder looks like this https://www.lulzbot.com/store/tool-heads/lulzbot-taz-single-extruder-tool-head-v2
If you have that one, its the wrong one. You can turn the parts from that one into a V2.1 if you can print the additional parts by adding a single wire and pin to the block. but it won’t work out of the gate.

If you have a Taz 5 V2C head it will not work, and will do what you describe. It is missing a X max switch on the right side of the extruder (among a couple other things). So will not position the bed correctly over the Z min limit switch for the extruder head to hit and instead drives the tool head down on the back left corner of the heat bed. Make sure you are using the V2.1(Taz 6) tool head and not the V2C(Taz 5) tool head.