Reattaching glass thermistor to bed

A forum dedicated to the stock LulzBot TAZ 3D Printer
Traiger

Reattaching glass thermistor to bed

Post by Traiger » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:50 am

So, we removed the 100k Honeywell Thermistor on our Taz 5 bed and now can't find a good adhesive to reattach it to the silicon mat. We tried e6000 which did not work, it never seemed to cure on the silicon mat. I searched the forums and have not found anything that addresses this issue. Before I commit to buying a new bed I want to see if you all have suggestions or experience with this issue. Thanks!

kcchen_00

Re: Reattaching glass thermistor to bed

Post by kcchen_00 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:27 pm

Hmm... I won't ask why you removed the thermistor... :-)

Maybe a high temp RTV silicone or this can re-attach? Not sure if either will stick to silicone...

Actually... this is advertised to stick silcone to silicone: https://www.smooth-on.com/products/sil-poxy/

Traiger

Post by Traiger » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:08 am

Wasn't me that removed the thermistor :lol:

Right now I'm running with duct tape as a band-aid solution until I buy some proper adhesive. I'm going to try out the Permatex stuff later this week. Thanks!

kmanley57

Post by kmanley57 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:43 am

RTV Black gasket maker is what I use to use to re-attach heat beds to bare glass plates, so it will probably work also. Will look UGLY but will probably work just fine.
I will express my CRAZY ideas at any time! So you have been warned. None of my opinions are Lulzbots and can be wrong at any second.

Ernesto Renteria

Post by Ernesto Renteria » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:26 am

Hello everyone

I had to remove the thermistor because it burned, I replaced it with a new one from the same brand (100k Honeywell Thermistor), after connecting the heat bed again, the printer does not detect the temperature of the bed.

Also buy a new heat bed, but the same thing happens, when I connect it, does not detect it, it does not heat up.

Any idea what might be happening?

Thanks!!

kmanley57

Post by kmanley57 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:47 pm

You might check the bed cable connectors on the back of the control box and make sure they are not burnt.
I will express my CRAZY ideas at any time! So you have been warned. None of my opinions are Lulzbots and can be wrong at any second.