Taz 5 FlexyDually Skipping/Slipping with Ninjaflex

Hello,

I run a small set of printers for a 3d print club at my school. One of our printers is a TAZ5 with a flexydually I installed last year. I’ve primarily run it for PLA as every time I try to run ninjaflex through it, the gears end up skipping and slipping. (see video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2yY-UxMtYo ) I’ve tried tightening the tiny hex nut inside the small gear, but it still seems like shortly after beginning a print, the gears just end up spinning back still. This leads to a bad flow of filament and splotchy, stringy incomplete prints that I usually cancel.

This happens with cura and simplify3d and I’ve tried raising and lowering the temp and adjusting the speed and the same thing continues to occur.

Any advice or tips? It would be great to be able to print some flexible stuff.

Thanks in advance for any help!

hey, I have never noticed that happen before.

I also have a flexdually v2, the only thing I can think of is did you level it correctly?

What temperature are you setting the flexdually extruder?

I would probably try to use my finger and turn the big wheel a number of times and see if there is anything with the way the gear is set to the smaller wheel?

Best of luck

Hey, this is just a follow up response to a very old post. It is intended for anyone who has had this problem and somehow comes across this post to find the solution. My last response I didnt experience this problem of my fleydually slipping on the ninjaflex side. To fix this problem you have to make sure the extruder 2 is hot enough, usually 230 degrees C does the trick.