Capacitive Auto Bed Leveling

A forum dedicated to the stock LulzBot TAZ 3D Printer
b-morgan

Re: Capacitive Auto Bed Leveling

Post by b-morgan » Sun May 06, 2018 9:07 am

Case2000 wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 5:23 pm
I wonder if you could take the wipe sequence and post it in Cure LE at the end and have it execute...
That might work as long as you can guarantee that the tool head won't crash into the finished print...

bentwookie

Post by bentwookie » Sun May 06, 2018 4:57 pm

I also find the way the Taz (and my Mini) do auto leveling problematic. It starts out fine, but eventually works poorly enough you can watch the print bed deform during probing. On the days I've printed after a number of oozy-PETG runs, I really have to be on top of how good the level actually is. It's easily off by a mm sometimes if there's some caked on junk you didn't catch beforehand.

b-morgan

Post by b-morgan » Sun May 06, 2018 5:54 pm

I bought a 3" round makeup mirror, an LED flashlight, and a brass brush. With those three tools, keeping the nozzle clean is pretty easy. You do have to watch out for the heater cartridge wires and if they are exposed, you'll may need a fourth item, some high temp silicone. I just put a small dab where the wires are exposed and now I can brass brush without worrying about shorting out the heater cartridge (alternate plan B is to turn off the power before brushing but if you aren't quick enough, you have to power up and reheat).

reveds69

Post by reveds69 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:45 pm

Case2000 wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 5:23 pm
I think the wipe at the end of print is a great idea. The only time I have had a failed probe it was due to not removing the oozed NGEN filament at the end of the previous print. As long as I remove any ooze at the end of the print it has been perfect.

I wonder if you could take the wipe sequence and post it in Cure LE at the end and have it execute...
Would there be an issue with the print head colliding with the freshly printed item still on the bed ?
Maybe a remote wiper strip at a higher level on the assembly ?