TAZ 6 with Aerostruder problems.

Hi,

Finally finished building my Aerostruder toolhead for my TAZ 6 but I’m having problems with it blocking up after about 5 mins into a print. I’ve only used ESUN and polymaker PLA filaments in 2.85 and 1.75 flavours so far with the same results. I have to disassemble the tool head to remove the blockage and start over. I’ve done the ‘hot set’ to make sure the nozzle is seated properly (E3D website guide) and checked everything is aligned with both 2.85 and 1.75 guide inserts.

I’m using simplify 3D and been playing around with the retraction settings as this seem to help but has not completely fixed the problem. Maybe i should also double check the feed rate?

Anyone have similar problems?

If you can, remove the software variable out of your troubleshooting by using the known-good profiles in Cura LulzBot Edition: https://lulzbot.com/cura. After a few test prints, try to determine where your filament gets stuck by marking the filament where it comes out of the idler, removing it, and holding it up at the same level to see where it’s seizing. You’ll also want to make sure that everything is aligned well along the entire filament path.

Thanks Orias i’ll give it a go.