Printed parts shifting with the TAZ

I just got a new TAZ and I’ve attempted to print two different larger parts (6+ cm high) and both times the print shifts somewhere in the middle and ruins the print…very frustrating. Any help?

Can you post a picture of what’s happening? Is it only happening on one axis?

I dont have a picture right now, but somewhere in the middle of the print, it shifts in both the x and y axis and continues to print on top of the shift

Actually the shift seems to be only in the x axis. Here’s a picture, if i let it continue printing, it would have printed on top of the shift

What speeds are you using? I would recommend looking at the tension of your X-axis belt. It should be as tight as the Y-axis belt. When you press on the belt it should have a little bit of movement then springiness. With the printer off, when you move the X carriage back and forth how does the belt respond? Is there any drooping of the belt? Is it staying on track?

The x belt tension is good, it’s springy, there is no drooping and it stays on track.

speeds:

perimeter: 120
infill: 160
Support: 150
travel: 200

Hi all,
Had this problem with the ao100. Seemed to be the stepper drivers that got too hot. Sloved it by adding heatsink to the drivers.
-Fredrik

The TAZ uses the RAMBo board, so heatsinks are not used. Have you noticed this with any other files? Is everything else on the x axis tight and secure (pulley, etc)?