LulzBot 3D Scanner

A forum dedicated to the development of Free Software, Libre Innovation, and Open Source Hardware (FLO) 3D Scanners
piercet

Re: LulzBot 3D Scanner

Post by piercet » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:15 am

Thats not bad at all. Did you do a top down shot as well on it, or just the rotation from the platform?

I need to build one of those when funds permit one of these days...

rufu5
Aleph Objects | LulzBot

Post by rufu5 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:52 pm

piercet wrote:Thats not bad at all. Did you do a top down shot as well on it, or just the rotation from the platform?

I need to build one of those when funds permit one of these days...
Just a rotation on the platform, it was very quick and easy. I ended up getting rid of a lot of data to make the processing lighter, so I think there's a lot of room for improvement in fidelity, too.

rufu5
Aleph Objects | LulzBot

Post by rufu5 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:20 pm

Thread about how to generate printable .stl's from .ply point cloud data: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2270

kmanley57

Post by kmanley57 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:10 pm

Tried to install on Linux today and when I ran Horus, it said I must have picked the wrong camera ID. I followed the guide on the BQ..com site but I think it is missing a link or pointer to Webcam software to use for the scanner software. If I disconnect the camera it says I need to connect the camera. So it sees it but is missing something not listed in the install guide on the Horus page.
I will express my CRAZY ideas at any time! So you have been warned. None of my opinions are Lulzbots and can be wrong at any second.

Anonymouse

Post by Anonymouse » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:28 pm

kmanley57 wrote:Tried to install on Linux today and when I ran Horus, it said I must have picked the wrong camera ID. I followed the guide on the BQ..com site but I think it is missing a link or pointer to Webcam software to use for the scanner software. If I disconnect the camera it says I need to connect the camera. So it sees it but is missing something not listed in the install guide on the Horus page.
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

tamarintech

Post by tamarintech » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:52 am

kmanley57 wrote:Tried to install on Linux today and when I ran Horus, it said I must have picked the wrong camera ID.
Check the terminal window. If you see some errors about exposure and HIGUI then you are using the wrong version of OpenCV. There's a BQ Labs specific version of OpenCV you need.

If you're on Fedora you can use the churchyard copr to get both Horus and opencv.