best settings for this part in kittaz

A forum dedicated to those intrepid few, that have built their own TAZ 3D printers using our KITTAZ.
rifo

Re: best settings for this part in kittaz

Post by rifo » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:13 pm

oh my!

there is a huge difference. I use the default toolhead that came with kittaz. Isn't it 3.5mm?

thanks a lot for your help again :) I 'll try out the calibration procedure that you've linked and will report back the outcome

thanks again!

Sebastian

Post by Sebastian » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:39 pm

I have no idea what nozzle was shipped with the kittaz, but 0.35mm is possible. It seems as the first TAZ5 had a 0.35mm nozzle, later and now they have a 0.5mm nozzle.
After a short search, I think you are right. The default nozzle should be 0.35mm

saramos

Post by saramos » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:38 am

The Kittaz came with the .35mm nozzle with the Buda extruder. It does look like some over extruding. Be sure to measure the diameter of your filament with some calipers at a number of places over about a meter of filament. Take the average reading and enter that into your slicer.
Download the PLA fine profile from Lulzbot and try again. In time, as you learn all the settings in the slicer, you can get good results. I've upgraded my Kittaz with the Hexagon hotend and a .25mm nozzle. With it, I can print .08mm layer height with great results. It's taken a lot of experimenting and tweaking of the settings, but small fine prints are doable.
DSC_2402.JPG
Rook height 25.4mm. Diameter 15.3mm.

Scott