Mini Features on the TAZ 4?

I was hoping for a quick, official update on when or if any of the new features of the Mini will/can be added to the TAZ 4. The all metal hotend seems obvious, the Cura profile is already there, but I am curious about the auto bed leveling corners and the wipe pad.

I would buy any of these supplies in a heartbeat if I knew more about how to implement them on my KITTAZ (TAZ 4).

The very next revision of the TAZ will add the all metal hotend and PEI for the print bed (instead of PET). TAZ 3&4 users will have a very easy upgrade to the all metal hot end. The TAZ 1&2 can also upgrade, but it is a bit more complex due to 12V on TAZ 1&2 and 24V on TAZ 3&4.

Bed leveling will come someday, but it won’t be in the very next rev.

Also, in the next rev, we’ll have new power supplies that are integrated into the case, instead of a big power brick.

Thanks,

-Jeff

News like this makes me really glad I bought the TAZ. Kudos for posting the upgrade instructions for adding the new extruder to the TAZ (it looks like those are up already on the product page).

To help me decide on whether or not to do the extruder upgrade, what would you say are the benefits of the new one over the stock TAZ 4 extruder with a 0.5mm nozzle?

You’ll be able to use higher temperatures with the Hexagon, up to 300C with the stock thermsitor. You’ll be able to print with Polycarbonate, and have better results with nylons and even better adhesion with ABS.

Thank you very much for the details on the next revisions to the TAZ. I appreciate the response very much, and I reiterate the sentiment that this is one of the many reasons I am very pleased with my TAZ purchase.

Sorry, this is one more rev forward, not the very next one.

The very next revision of the TAZ will add the all metal hotend and PEI for the print bed (instead of PET)

Would this be the same hot end that the taz mini has? Or would it be a different hot end that is also all metal?

The hot end is the only reason I am not fully sold on the Taz 4. 1) It does not get hot enough to be as versatile as some other printers 2) I am concerned with stories of heat creep causing PLA clogging.

The mini head seems to be designed to handle both of those issues.

Most important question to me is: when would this next revision of the taz 4 be available?

Same LulzBot Hexagon hotend that is on the Mini.

A couple months.

Thanks,

-Jeff

Do you have details of which power supply it will be if someone wanted to order one? also is the case getting any modifications to fit it in there?

… 2) I am concerned with stories of heat creep causing PLA clogging.

I have not seen heat creep on mine, and from what Ive read (and currently have on) if you add a 2nd auxiliary fan blowing on the heat sink, it wont be a problem. Here is one thread talking about the issue. https://forum.lulzbot.com/t/taz4-rambo-aux-fan-wiring/700/1

Ya, the blower fan on the heatsink 100% eliminates any PLA heat creep issues. We haven’t seen it once.

-Jeff

It is probably in the TAZ Kauri BOM. Offhand I think it is a Delta autoswitching 110/220V 400W 12V.