Clear plastic coming out of the side of the extruder head

Hello All,
I’ve had my Mini for around two months and I love it, it’s lots of fun to play with.
However, recently whenever I get up to print temperature (195-205 C) I get this clear, dark yellowish plastic coming out of the side of the extruder that cools and hardens as soon as it’s away from the print head. I’m using Black Lulzbot PLA to print.

Does anyone know what this might be?

Thank you

I asked Lulzbot about switching out nozzles and here is an excerpt from the response I got…

“We use a torque wrench to 30in lbs of torque, and a high temp thread locker rated to 2100f.”

My guess is…for whatever reason that’s the thread locker glue. I’d call aleph objects and they’ll send you a new extruder for sure since you’re under warranty. Give them a call, they work wonders and have excellent service!

-Jim

Definitely let us know about this- Send in the following information to Support@LulzBot.com and we can exchange that tool head out:

• Order number

• 3D printer serial number

• Contact information

• Shipping information

Thanks!

As advised I contacted Lulzbot support and within a day they got me a shipping tag to return my current printer and are sending me a replacement one.

Having just recently been through a customer support nightmare and going into this I have to say that you guys ROCK! Your customer support is amazing.

Thank you.